FS: Sam Murray "Muraeus" flute in D. 3 keys. blackwood DONE

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Grishnakh
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have played the Irish flute on and off for about 30 years. I used to play in sessions but now I play whistle, flute and harmonica in a band called Waxies Dargle.

FS: Sam Murray "Muraeus" flute in D. 3 keys. blackwood DONE

Post by Grishnakh »

This flute is by Sam Murray (stamped "Muraeus"). It's his usual, renowned, blackwood flute with 3 keys (long C, long F and G#). It has a tuning slide, of course. It is in as-new condition, is of relatively recent manufacture and comes in a sturdy McNeela Music case. The flute has had no cracks, splits, dings or any damage of any kind. It looks just like new. The consumable items, i.e. joints, pads and threaded joints, are all in great condition. It plays stonkingly well, as you would expect from a Murray flute. My reason for selling is financial, not musical. They cost £1662 new, with a "6 month" waiting list (as if...). You can have this one for £1350 o.n.o. with no waiting list. PM me for photos, etc.
Grishnakh
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have played the Irish flute on and off for about 30 years. I used to play in sessions but now I play whistle, flute and harmonica in a band called Waxies Dargle.

Re: FS: Sam Murray "Muraeus" flute in D. 3 keys. blackwood

Post by Grishnakh »

This flute has gone to All Flutes Plus in London, who will be selling it for me. I would now delete this thread if I could figure out how to do that.