Need help finding the music or tabs for this linked tune.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
TxWhistler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have recently retired and have always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument. I'm leaning to play the whistle and now the flute.

Need help finding the music or tabs for this linked tune.

Post by TxWhistler »

First off I admit I am the world's worst at searching for things either in forums or on the internet. I tried searching for a song (see link below) here and on the sessions site but of course no luck......

Mr Skelton plays two tunes on this video and I like both but would settle for finding the music for the first one. I believe he said it's name is Billy Valentines Hornpipe???

Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me. And if anyone can help me with the second tune I would appreciate that too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7-IbDBioxY
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Re: Need help finding the music or tabs for this linked tune

Post by fatmac »

The tunes are "Billy Ballantine's Hornpipe" and "Polly Put the Kettle on."
As it says in the info.

https://thesession.org/tunes/11090

https://thesession.org/tunes/8267
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
TxWhistler
Tell us something.: I have recently retired and have always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument. I'm leaning to play the whistle and now the flute.

Post by TxWhistler »

fatmac wrote:
The tunes are "Billy Ballantine's Hornpipe" and "Polly Put the Kettle on."
As it says in the info.

https://thesession.org/tunes/11090

https://thesession.org/tunes/8267

Thank you fatmac, I really appreciate the help.

My hearing is not the greatest. I thought he said Valentine. I tried a couple of ways to spell Billy/Billie with no luck but didn't try changing the spelling of the last name.

Thanks for the help with the second one too! Maybe I just need to get hearing aids! :)
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

TxWhistler wrote:Maybe I just need to get hearing aids! :)
But it was in print. If you look at the vid's introductory info, at the bottom you'll see "SHOW MORE". Click that, and presto. You won't always get more, but it's always a good place to start. If that doesn't provide, sometimes tune names come up in the comments.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
TxWhistler

Post by TxWhistler »

Nanohedron wrote:
TxWhistler wrote:Maybe I just need to get hearing aids! :)
But it was in print. If you look at the vid's introductory info, at the bottom you'll see "SHOW MORE". Click that, and presto. You won't always get more, but it's always a good place to start. If that doesn't provide, sometimes tune names come up in the comments.

Yes, I know about the "show more". I've used it many times to find out more information; however, I was not on YouTube when I found the video. I was on EBay looking at Freeman's tweaked whistlers. At the bottom of the listing was the video I viewed of Mr Shelton. On my PC at least,when I click on the video to watch it, it plays but not as the usual YouTube videos do. There was nothing at the bottom to click for more information. There were no comments either as is usually the case. There was just the video. Period. So I had to use my ears. I misunderstood the title and came here for help after trying to search the web using the wrong title. Fatmac was kind enough to help me. I made the incorrect assumption that this video link was unique to the eBay listing. It didn't occur to me to go to YouTube and try to find it again to get the information. My bad.