CP: New from O'Brien- Rambler C/D brass set

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
OBrien
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

CP: New from O'Brien- Rambler C/D brass set

Post by OBrien »

My new offering finally has a name: The Rambler.

It's a brass and Delrin C/D set, with the bodies joined in the middle, like Clare whistles.

The cloth bag is included, for a cost of C$160, which is only US$120, with the current state of the Canuck Buck.

Here's a clip from Sedi (by permission):

https://youtu.be/ZeUe4asK2ZI
Last edited by OBrien on Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Re: CP: New from O'Brien- Rambler C/D brass set

Post by Sedi »

Very nice! Since I already have a set -- I can highly recommend them. Played it quite a lot today. Keep up the good work. BTW what is the price for the standard narrow bore brass with the thicker tube? Couldn't find it on the homepage.
ernestmurphy
Tell us something.: No-talent whistle noodler; not a musician and not a session player. Own more whistles than someone of my limited ability has any business owning.

Post by ernestmurphy »

I bought an O'Brien Rambler C/D set from David, and it instantly became my favorite two whistles.

Over a couple of decades, through uncontrolled acquisition disorder and inheritance from a brother who was a far better player than I will ever be, I've accumulated many whistles, ranging from ten-dollar Sweetones and the like to a Copeland. I'm presently regaining my very low-level whistle skills after a couple minor strokes and years of not playing at all, so factor that into my opinions. This is not Mary Bergin talking to you. Still, I've played on lots of whistles over many years.

The Rambler set (and an O'Brien Rover Delrin set that just landed in my mailbox the other day ... haven't had much chance to play those yet) are, in a word, outstanding in tone and playability. I'm especially partial to high whistles that break down to pocket-size for traveling. The O'Briens, a Jerry Freeman-tweaked Clare two-piece and my Carey Parks Walkabout are my pride and joy.
Polara Pat
Tell us something.: In an effort to ease from lurker to forum member; I'm hoping that this elite gang of whistlers will help this very green player to advance to the next stage. My current stage is slightly below novice and is only permitted in the garage like the dog I am. Oh yah, not a robot.

Post by Polara Pat »

Looks very nice and tempting if I wasn't currently on the beans and rice program.

A fellow BC lad no less!!