FS: Casey Burns "C" Blackwood Flute. SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Hi4head
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Just recently I’ve begun playing a transverse flute. I’m wanting to learn more about simple system flutes and playing.

FS: Casey Burns "C" Blackwood Flute. SOLD

Post by Hi4head »

Asking $450 including Priority Shipping within the USA. (Sorry - no intl sales.) Reasonable offers will be considered.

For Sale is a Casey Burns low C flute in blackwood with ergonomic finger spacing. I recently purchased this as a part of a small package from the estate of a man who loved his flutes (and had quite a collection). The son thought that it was purchased by his father in the early 2000's. I have confirmed with Casey that it is a C flute from that timeframe. I thought that I might like to play a flute besides my D, but have decided that since I'm still pretty much of a beginner, I should stick with a standard flute. Due to the ergonomic finger spacing, I'm amazed at how easy it is to play. In one of the photos I've placed it next to my boxwood Folk Flute with ergonomic standard spacing for comparison.

I can find nothing wrong with this flute. No cracks, dents, scratches, dings, etc. It comes with one of Casey's padded cloth (green) pouches. It is 26" long; 23" from the center of the embouchure hole to the end of the foot with all joints totally closed.

Casey has advised that since it is one of his standard flutes, it is upgradable for a tuning slide, rings, and /or keys. Although not explicitly shown on his website, he told me that they are still available new for $700.

The head of the flute has a truly gorgeous piece of blackwood; you can actually see the dark brown grain (not just plain black). Unfortunately, my photos don't clearly show the true color. One of the sections has a small place of lighter color (sapwood instead of the black heartwood) which adds a little additional interest.

Photos can be seen on a page of my jewelry website. https://www.naturallycast.com/burnsc

Thanks for looking.
Chris
Hi4head
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Just recently I’ve begun playing a transverse flute. I’m wanting to learn more about simple system flutes and playing.

Re: FS: Casey Burns "C" Blackwood Flute. SOLD

Post by Hi4head »

The flute has been sold.
Chris