Piping Discord

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
make_fast
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Learning uilleann pipes, whistle, and occasional backing instruments. Just hacking away and slowly expanding repertoire.

Piping Discord

Post by make_fast »

For those of you who want/need another outlet to chat about bagpipes, a little discord server (think IRC chat if you are not familiar) has been started. It has a channel for uilleann pipes specifically along with a number of GHB/band/piping sections as well.

Link here
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Piping Discord

Post by benhall.1 »

Posted with Mod approval. It looks cool to me!
make_fast
Tell us something.: Learning uilleann pipes, whistle, and occasional backing instruments. Just hacking away and slowly expanding repertoire.

Post by make_fast »

Bumping this up - decent ITM discussion some days!
ennischanter
Tell us something.: If you flush your toilet 7 times whilst lilting "The Bucks of Oranmore", an apparition of one of the great pipers of old will appear in the mirror, you will be blessed with good reeds, but cursed with bad bags and bellows.

Post by ennischanter »

Awesome, I see some familiars there. :)
We musicians are enemies by disposition, so treat every musician you happen to meet, accordingly.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes but the preservation of the flame.