Lessons

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
James Brennan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Lessons

Post by James Brennan »

Hi,
Just wondering is there anyone teaching in Co. Louth or Meath?
If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.
Cheers.
Pipewort
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Lessons

Post by Pipewort »

With where we all are now, that is going to be problematic, But, not impossible.

Clearly, face to face lessons are 'off' at the moment.

Click on www.pipers.ie. There you will find a plethora of useful information, for all learner pipers. Follow these carefully, and when C-19 is made less a problem, NPU will put you in touch with someone who will know where you can be guided to a good tutor. NPU have video material of all 3 volumes of their tutors on line, free, which will get you started.

All that will be missing is the feed back, as you try out what has been demonstrated.

Good luck
PeterF
Tell us something.: I started playing the pipes 15 years ago, at that time I started making reeds. I found almost everything I needed in the Dave Hegarty book.

Post by PeterF »

James, good advice there from Pipewort. I bought the CD's years ago, didn't know they were available on-line. I know somebody who might give you a few lessons on Skype, he's local but that's by the way. If you know Eamonn Brennan then you may know him yourself.
James Brennan

Post by James Brennan »

Many thanks for the replies. I am playing a good many years but recently picked up my first full set so am looking for advice on regulator playing. I want to work on technique too, tidy up my playing I suppose.

I will get in touch with npu and see who might be teaching via Skype.
PeterF would you have contact details for Eamonn Brennan?
Thanks.
PeterF
Tell us something.: I started playing the pipes 15 years ago, at that time I started making reeds. I found almost everything I needed in the Dave Hegarty book.

Post by PeterF »

He's not the piper, but I'll ask the piper if he will do it.
PeterF

Post by PeterF »

James, no joy there.