WTB...an F flute in delrin

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
roj
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Have been a member since '07. Just changing my home town in the profile from Austin to FBG, Tx. j.r.

WTB...an F flute in delrin

Post by roj »

If anyone has an F flute in delrin that they might like to part with, please give me a shout.
roj
Tell us something.: Have been a member since '07. Just changing my home town in the profile from Austin to FBG, Tx. j.r.

Re: WTB...an F flute in delrin

Post by roj »

Still looking...
roj

Post by roj »

I just heard from Dave Copley that he and his son are working on a batch of D and F flutes in delrin, and should have one available in just a few weeks.
roj

Post by roj »

My new Copley F in delrin. It's sweet, but a different animal altogether. That upper register is challenging!
I understand that Dave's son Alan was instrumental in the project. Having Dave as a mentor couldn't possibly hurt.
Well, I was going to post a photo, but couldn't figure it out. It looks just like a Copley F flute.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

The challenge is good for you.
Just sayin
roj

Post by roj »

It took all of about a day and a half to "get it". The F requires much more of an ab workout.

As Dave himself mentioned in an email... "Yes, a very different experience from playing a D flute. The basic design is a copy of a late 1800's flute made by Hawkes and Son and owned by John Skelton. John describes playing the F as "pushing the air in rather than blowing"."

And as my playing consists mostly of accompanying movie and t.v. soundtracks in the evening, this F flute has just doubled my playing time.