'Shroom boat

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: 'Shroom boat

Post by Nanohedron »

benhall.1 wrote:
an seanduine wrote:Oh dear! Are we allowed to discuss mushroom Sex on Chiff & Fipple? :o

Bob
Spore-n?
I once asked Dáithí Sproule, "So if you're sexting, would that be phone-ication?" "That gets four stars out of five," he graciously allowed. I think he withheld the fifth just because he didn't come up with the bon mot himself.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

:D
As a cultivator I spent most of my time contemplating how to get my cultures to fruit. Sometimes it was a simple ´signal´like a change of ph, temperature, humidity, or introduction to a suitable bacterial culture. Sometimes it was dang near impossible. Sometimes it seemed like it might take a little soft lights and wine. . . :poke:
The false leather guys are creating an artefact from raw material: the mycelial ´mat´ made up of hyphae. They slaughter ´em. They don´t stand up to ´plasticising´ by solvents like ethylene glycol. Dead is dead. (Although there might be zombies. . .) :D

Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

an seanduine wrote:The false leather guys are creating an artefact from raw material: the mycelial ´mat´ made up of hyphae. They slaughter ´em. They don´t stand up to ´plasticising´ by solvents like ethylene glycol. Dead is dead. (Although there might be zombies. . .) :D
So the process isn't 100% environmentally friendly, then - potentially, anyway. But I see that ethylene glycol is readily biodegradable - 10 days when exposed to air - so maybe that's a plus. Disposal must have to be managed to at least some degree, though.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

an seanduine wrote:I am certain Katy has a more than passing familiarity with the writings of my buddy Paul Stamets, whom I have nick-named ´St. Paul of the Mushrooms´, the owner of Fungi Perfecti. Paul led me down the ´garden path´ to becoming a part-time shii-take grower, provisioner to the kind of restaurants I can´t afford to eat in. . .
He has been an early and influential proponent of ´myco-ecology.´ He proposed setting up successive sawdust berms colonized by Stropharia to clean up polluted water running off from dairy farms into Puget Sound. This eased a conflict between the dairy farmers and the state ecology board seeking to protect the salmon fishery. Win-win. No pollution and the Farmers got a secondary crop of high protein livestock feed from the mushrooms sprouting from the berms.
Nano, I hope you know you are in an area with many people growing shii-take in the traditional Asian log-culture method.

Bob

Got my new catalog :)

│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║