Thoughts on a Low D Tour. . .Great idea! not so great idea

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tyghress
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Thoughts on a Low D Tour. . .Great idea! not so great idea

Post by Tyghress »

With the renewed interest in low whistles, the extended quarantine, and a surfeit of ideas, I thought I would offer my Sweetheart/Musique Morneaux low D rosewood up for a tour. I am rightly biased, but maybe I'm biased because I'm right, and this low D is really amazing. I have or have tried most low Ds up until a few years ago, and found them to be hard to play, lung-sucking, and heavy. Musique Morneaux's is the only one I found to be a pleasure to play rather than adequate.

I was explaining to Tyghre what a whistle tour was, and said it was just passing around your instrument to strangers. Just like a virus. Oookay, let's table that idea for a while.

Yours in isolation...
Last edited by Tyghress on Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Thoughts on a Low D Tour. . .Great idea! not so great i

Post by Mr.Gumby »

I had the impression whistletours were a bit of a thing of the past but I haven't been following these things all too closely.

Sending around a whistle around at the height of a pandemic that depends on droplets and the virus sitting on surfaces for its transmission, sanitise all you want but I'd have my doubts about the wisdom of that. :boggle:
My brain hurts

Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Mr.Gumby wrote:Sending around a whistle around at the height of a pandemic that depends on droplets and the virus sitting on surfaces for its transmission, sanitise all you want but I'd have my doubts about the wisdom of that. :boggle:
Seconded.

Speaking with my Admin hat on, ChiffCo® officially and strenuously discourages whistle tours at a time like this. Don't do it.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Tyghress
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tyghress »

Oh, I tabled it as soon as I thought about it. Please don't think I was suggesting it!
I shared because I was thinking how undo-able it was and I take my amusement as I can find it nowadays.

:poke:

Never mind.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Tyghress wrote:Please don't think I was suggesting it!
No worries; that was evident from the start.

I hated to be a wet blanket, but in my position I'm called to err on the side of an abundance of caution.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician