Pat Costello - RIP

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Pat Costello - RIP

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Another sad loss, Pat Costello, banjo player, drummer and long time broadcaster with Clare fm has died.

A gentle voice on radio, one time member of the Turloughmore Ceiliband, member of Shaskeen (and after Pat Broderick, the second member of that group to leave us this week) the loss will be keenly felt all over Clare, and beyond. Rest well.

Pat Costello at centre of pic, with pint and crutches, also Mick Mulcahy, Lousise Mulcahy, Gerdy Commane, Tim Dennehy

Death notice

Obit/Tribute on Clare Fm

The Turloughmore in 2006 - The Donegal reel/Swinging on a gate (Pat Costello playing the drums, also spotted Bríd O Gorman, Dennis and Mary Liddy, Joan Hanrahan and other familiar faces in that clip)
My brain hurts

Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Pat Costello - RIP

Post by Steampacket »

I recognise Pat from your photo Peter, and saw him when in Miltown, but I never knew him to speak to. Gerdy I remember once coming into the old Malones back room with his sister 1996-1999.
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Pat would have been doing the live broadcasts from the Clare FM mobile studio opposite the Centra supermarket.

Steampacket wrote:Gerdy I remember once coming into the old Malones back room with his sister 1996-1999.
Probably his wife, Nora. See below, same scene, different angle:

Una Grogan, Dympna O'Sullivan, Nora Commane, Mick Mulcahy, Gerdy Commane, Pat Costello, Louise Mulcahy

Only three of the people in that photo are still with us, makes you think, doesn't it?

Here they are again, with Joe Ryan:

My brain hurts

Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Steampacket »

Probably his wife, Nora. See below, same scene, different angle:
Yes, it was the lady in the photo that I remember, his wife then.