Unusual Pakistani practice set on eBay US

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Unusual Pakistani practice set on eBay US

Post by BigDavy »

I was doing my usual eBay trawl and saw a Pakistani practice set, what struck me as unusual was the fact that the chanter has a C natural key. I checked the Mid East and Hakim Din websites to see if this was a new offering, but no sign of it.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
Pierre
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi there. I noticed that this seems to be a popular forum for uilleann pipes, which is my main musical interest. I would be hoping to be able to add the odd post here and there in time and take part in some discussions where possible. If you were able to add me to your list for this purpose, then that would be great. Thank you. Marie

Re: Unusual Pakistani practice set on eBay US

Post by Pierre »

Davy,

I can see you've been using this lockdown period to good effect.

You should have put this on your main thread and pushed it up towards its century.

By the way, will you retire that thread when it reaches 100 and put someone else in to bat?

Keep swinging the willow there, lad.
RenaissanceGuy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am interested in various forms of traditional and folk music. I've been interested in Uilleann pipes for many years. And now I'm finally learning them!

Re: Unusual Pakistani practice set on eBay US

Post by RenaissanceGuy »

Interesting. The ones I've seen have always had three keys, or no keys. Never just the C-natural key.