Conal Ó Gráda Skype Classes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Rocky O Grada

Conal Ó Gráda Skype Classes

Post by Rocky O Grada »

Hello Folks...Conal Ó Gráda here.

Just thought I'd remind you that I have been doing Skype lessons all over Ireland and all over the world (west to California and East to Inner Mongolia!) for a number of years now. If you'd like to find out more about these you can get in touch with me at ogradaconal@gmail.com

I hope you all stay safe in these fraught times.

Anú Abú
Conal
Sedi
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Re: Conal Ó Gráda Skype Classes

Post by Sedi »

Oh, :o I didn't know you where a member here! Part of my next paycheck (will take two weeks however) is already reserved to get both your CDs and the tutorial book (I hope the postal system still works by then)! And I already recommended your site to people looking for online-lessons. How cool! Just recently a member here (pancelticpiper aka Richard Cook) recommended your playing to me and I have been listening to not much else ever since. I also learned the "churchstreet polka" from your recording but my wife dislikes polkas :D . Reminds her of the accordion-playing of her granddad (which obviously she didn't much enjoy, even though she plays accordion herself). If I am ever in the market for online lessons -- you will definitely be my first choice. But at the moment I am happily tooting away on my own with my homemade flute...
BTW -- what flute(s) do you play currently?
kintailpipes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kintailpipes »

I just had my first lesson with Conal. It was perfectly challenging and we covered a lot of territory. I'm looking forward to my next one. Thank you Conal. I found it was a great way to spend time while in isolation up in the mountains waiting out the Pandemic...Stay safe and healthy
gbyrne
Tell us something.: I play whistle and flute. I started learning 3 years ago. I like this website and TheSession too. This should be enought for you to know I am not a weirdo spammer.

Post by gbyrne »

I can say from personal experience the book and cd's are a great investment. Conal explains the WHY of so many of the techniques. We've all been told the HOW but somehow Conal just "joins up the dots" to make simple sense of the challenge. Good luck
Sedi wrote:Oh, :o I didn't know you where a member here! Part of my next paycheck (will take two weeks however) is already reserved to get both your CDs and the tutorial book (I hope the postal system still works by then)! And I already recommended your site to people looking for online-lessons. How cool! Just recently a member here (pancelticpiper aka Richard Cook) recommended your playing to me and I have been listening to not much else ever since. I also learned the "churchstreet polka" from your recording but my wife dislikes polkas :D . Reminds her of the accordion-playing of her granddad (which obviously she didn't much enjoy, even though she plays accordion herself). If I am ever in the market for online lessons -- you will definitely be my first choice. But at the moment I am happily tooting away on my own with my homemade flute...
BTW -- what flute(s) do you play currently?
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

Thanks -- that's good to know. I am very much looking forward to it. So far I don't really have any teaching material. Except for the little "Walton Set" with CD.
Conical bore

Post by Conical bore »

Just another thumb's-up for Conal's tutor book with CD. I bought all the available "Irish" flute tutor books when I started, and Conal's is the one that helped me the most, and that I occasionally refer back to.
Sedi
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

Sounds great. I hope I don't have to read notes however? Everything is also on the CD, right?
Conical bore

Post by Conical bore »

Yes, if you don't read dots the examples are also in audio on the CD.

There is also a very valuable section at the end of the book, where he talks about how to train yourself to listen and learn from the example of top players, with analysis and examples of their recordings on the CD.
Sedi
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

Yes, I saw that in the description on the homepage. That part interests me the most.
kintailpipes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kintailpipes »

The only good thing to come out of the Covid19 crisis is that my flute playing is improving.

I had another great lesson via Zoom with Conal. It is truly amazing that I can have access to such a fine flute instructor all the way on the other side of the Atlantic in real time. It also helps to have plenty of time to practice.

Trying to keep optimistic, as a person shut in by the Pandemic.

Thanks Conal!