WTB: Copley Pratten - Blackwood

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Gcobean
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Paddy Maloney rules! Ok, seriously though, I love the Chieftains. I'm here for whistle and flute discussions. Looking at the classifieds as well.

WTB: Copley Pratten - Blackwood

Post by Gcobean »

Anyone have/willing to part with one of these? Preferably lined headjoint. PM is fine...thanks.
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Re: WTB: Copley Pratten - Blackwood

Post by Peter Duggan »

There are no Copley Prattens. Dave's flutes are most significantly inspired by Hawkes & Son models, which are somewhat similar.
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
Gcobean
Tell us something.: Paddy Maloney rules! Ok, seriously though, I love the Chieftains. I'm here for whistle and flute discussions. Looking at the classifieds as well.

Post by Gcobean »

Well not exactly sure about that. His website says "pratten model." And I have played one and it wasnt the rudall model. So that's where I'm coming from.
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

What Dave means by that is one-piece rather than two-piece body. It's otherwise the same flute.
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
Flutern
Tell us something.: I have a keen interest in wooden flutes (modern and antique), early music (Renaissance, Baroque), Romantic music and Irish Traditional Music of course! I also play the clarinet (my first instrument) and I've also started learning the cittern.

Post by Flutern »

Are you looking for a keyed or keyless flute? I have a 6-keyer that's currently being repadded and that I'll advertize here once I get it back, but the body is in 2 pieces (as Peter said, Dave Copley's "Pratten" style body simply means that it's a one-piece body).
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Gcobean wrote:Anyone have/willing to part with one of these? Preferably lined headjoint. PM is fine...thanks.
Possibly we could use some more details as to what you're looking for, and to what country? Keyless, keyed, nickel or sterling tuning slide, case, etc.? There is a bit of a range in price depending.
http://www.copleyflutes.com/catalog.html
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
paddler

Post by paddler »

I have a Copley keyless D flute, African Blackwood, with sterling silver slide and rings which I would be willing to part with.
It has the two-piece body though, so PM me is this is of any interest to you. I've had this flute since new. It is in excellent
condition and is a really nice player.

As far as I can tell from the Copley website the Pratten and Rudall & Rose models just differ based on whether the body is
a single section (Pratten) or in two sections (Rudall), but are otherwise acoustically the same.