Looking for help with a reel called The Bush in Bloom

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tin Whistler Michael
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hey, I'm here because this is a music forum and was hoping to find a Copland tin whistle for sale. Ever since Mr Copeland stopped making whistles it's been difficult to find them anywhere, so I'm hoping I can find one for sale here

Looking for help with a reel called The Bush in Bloom

Post by Tin Whistler Michael »

I recently heard this reel(The Bush in Bloom) and am interested in learning it on the tin whistle but I can't find any tin whistle versions, I've found the violin, piano, uilleann pipes, and the flute but no tin whistle. I was wondering if anyone here was familiar with the tune or better yet knows it on the tin whistle.
Mr.Gumby

Re: Looking for help with a reel called The Bush in Bloom

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Versions from other instruments should work fine on the whistle with only minor adjustments if necessary at all. there three versions on the session.org that all work in one way or another and all have the odd spot here and there as well.

There's a version on one of Catherine McEVoy's recordings, I believe. You could put that on the whistle without too much effort.

This should be a good starting point :

T: The Bush In Bloom
R: reel
M: 4/4
L: 1/8
K: G
d2BG AGEF|G2Bd efge|d2BG AGEd|eaag efge|
dGBG AGEF|GABd efge|d2BG AGEF|GBAF G2 Bd||
g2dg egde|g2bg agef|g2dg egdg|egfa g3 a|
bg~g2 agef|gage dega|bgaf gfed|edef gage||
My brain hurts

Tin Whistler Michael
Tell us something.: Hey, I'm here because this is a music forum and was hoping to find a Copland tin whistle for sale. Ever since Mr Copeland stopped making whistles it's been difficult to find them anywhere, so I'm hoping I can find one for sale here

Re: Looking for help with a reel called The Bush in Bloom

Post by Tin Whistler Michael »

Thank you very much