FS: 9 key Blackwood Reviol flute (with B flat lever)

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Flutern
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have a keen interest in wooden flutes (modern and antique), early music (Renaissance, Baroque), Romantic music and Irish Traditional Music of course! I also play the clarinet (my first instrument) and I've also started learning the cittern.

FS: 9 key Blackwood Reviol flute (with B flat lever)

Post by Flutern »

As I have just put an order for a new Rudall-style flute with some custom keywork, I can no longer justify owning 3 keyed flutes. I have decided to sell two of them (the other one, a 6 key Copley, is being repadded at the moment) and keep my favorite (an 8 key Morvan) for the time being.

This flute is a 9 key flute in African blackwood with a tulip wood headplug made by Maurice Reviol (serial number: #115). It’s actually the one that is displayed on Maurice Reviol’s website at the bottom of this page. It comes with a very nice Klawus DeLuxe leather clad case.

This flute has a large bore, large holes and a rectangular embouchure cut. It also has a B flat lever between L2 and L3, like on the clarinet. The flute is in very good condition, it has good volume and intonation and plays well into the third octave. The embouchure is also very forgiving. The keys are really ergonomic: it has a Boehm-style footjoint and G# key, the B flat key has a slight recess so that it can be activated by simply rolling the thumb, and the short Fnat is at a 45° angle, making it easier to slide between D and Fnat when needed. See the photos below.

I bought this flute new from Maurice Reviol in 2011 and paid 4410 NZ$ (about 2500 €) for it at the time. I’m asking for 1900 €, including insured shipping worldwide (from South Korea).

Feel free to ask questions :-)

Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
Jeggy
Tell us something.: Started playing trad about 25 years ago with tin whistles, and bought first flute about 20 years ago. Played very sporadically, with very little discipline or tuition and unsurprisingly made little progress. Started playing again a couple of years ago after not playing much for 15-16 years.

Re: FS: 9 key Blackwood Reviol flute (with B flat lever)

Post by Jeggy »

This is a lovely flute. The keys look a bit unusual but in a way that looks to support ease of playing. Very nice.
Flutern
Tell us something.: I have a keen interest in wooden flutes (modern and antique), early music (Renaissance, Baroque), Romantic music and Irish Traditional Music of course! I also play the clarinet (my first instrument) and I've also started learning the cittern.

Post by Flutern »

Price reduced: 1700€ + shipping
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
Flutern

Post by Flutern »

sale pending...
Flutern

Post by Flutern »

Since the sale didn't go through in the end, I'm re-advertising this flute. Details here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=110703

Feel free to ask any question :-)
Flutern

Post by Flutern »

The flute has been sold.
Jeggy
Tell us something.: Started playing trad about 25 years ago with tin whistles, and bought first flute about 20 years ago. Played very sporadically, with very little discipline or tuition and unsurprisingly made little progress. Started playing again a couple of years ago after not playing much for 15-16 years.

Post by Jeggy »

gwuilleann wrote:The flute has been sold.
That's great news, one less temptation out there for me.

Just a great looking flute, I'm sure the new owner will be extremely happy.