John Sindt Current Contact Information

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Matthewlawson3
antispam: No

John Sindt Current Contact Information

Post by Matthewlawson3 »

Do you guys know how to get ahold of John Sindt? I emailed him at sindtwhistles@aol.com and sindtwhistle@aol.com the address with the "s" bounced back to me and the other one went through but some are saying his address has the "s".
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: John Sindt Current Contact Information

Post by ytliek »

Well, this was a fairly recent post that ought to have answered everybody's question. Search feature here is a blessing in disguise.

viewtopic.php?p=1225261#p1225261
Matthewlawson3

Post by Matthewlawson3 »

ytliek wrote:Well, this was a fairly recent post that ought to have answered everybody's question. Search feature here is a blessing in disguise.

viewtopic.php?p=1225261#p1225261
Thanks! I tried the sindtwhistles@aol.com address that forum at that link provided and it bounced back. I double checked the email address. What should I do now?
busterbill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by busterbill »

That was me misinforming the world with the plural. It is sindtwhistle@aol.com Sorry I added to the confusion. I should go back to that other post and correct my post.

Glad you noticed this!
Matthewlawson3

Post by Matthewlawson3 »

busterbill wrote:That was me misinforming the world with the plural. It is sindtwhistle@aol.com Sorry I added to the confusion. I should go back to that other post and correct my post.

Glad you noticed this!
Oh okay. I sent an email this morning to sindtwhistle@aol.com and it went through, but no response yet.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

FWIW, I sent a message about a C whistle to that address on November 27th and have yet to hear back. Which is probably just as well.
My brain hurts

Matthewlawson3

Post by Matthewlawson3 »

Mr.Gumby wrote:FWIW, I sent a message about a C whistle to that address on November 27th and have yet to hear back. Which is probably just as well.
Okay. Maybe I should email once a month until I get a response? I would like to get ahold of a Sindt before he quits making them.
Matthewlawson3

Post by Matthewlawson3 »

Mr.Gumby wrote:FWIW, I sent a message about a C whistle to that address on November 27th and have yet to hear back. Which is probably just as well.
I heard back from John today. I told him to go ahead and put me down on his list for a standard traditional D brass whistle (the one people most often get). I tried to make clear I wanted the regular D not the low D.

His said he could fit me in next month and total cost would be $170 ($160 + $10 for shipping).
qaantar
Tell us something.: I'm a long-time musician, grew up with piano, recorder, electric bass. Now I've picked up the tin whistle and have been exploring Irish music.

Post by qaantar »

Thanks for the information! I'll drop him a line to see if he can make something lower in the A or G range.
Adrian W.

Post by Adrian W. »

qaantar wrote:Thanks for the information! I'll drop him a line to see if he can make something lower in the A or G range.
He makes an A as a standard item; I have one. Beautiful whistle. Don't know about G.
In Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
qaantar
Tell us something.: I'm a long-time musician, grew up with piano, recorder, electric bass. Now I've picked up the tin whistle and have been exploring Irish music.

Post by qaantar »

That's great, I'm glad to hear it!

I heard back from him, and I put in an order for an A whistle. He said he doesn't do G.
Matthewlawson3

Post by Matthewlawson3 »

Matthewlawson3 wrote:
I heard back from John today. I told him to go ahead and put me down on his list for a standard traditional D brass whistle (the one people most often get). I tried to make clear I wanted the regular D not the low D.

His said he could fit me in next month and total cost would be $170 ($160 + $10 for shipping).
Just received my Sindt brass D today. So far so good!

The C natural forked fingering was actually flat, but I would imagine the whistle wasn't warmed up enough.

I used a synthetic grease recommended by Michael Burke to grease his whistle to grease the barrel of the Sindt whistle where it slides to tune. I may need to add a little more to make it slide easier.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Matthewlawson3 wrote:Just received my Sindt brass D today. So far so good!

The C natural forked fingering was actually flat, but I would imagine the whistle wasn't warmed up enough.
The Sindt is known for the cross-fingered C being flat (I believe the Killarney is not). You'll have to bring it up with breath control.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Matthewlawson3

Post by Matthewlawson3 »

kkrell wrote:
Matthewlawson3 wrote:Just received my Sindt brass D today. So far so good!

The Sindt is known for the cross-fingered C being flat (I believe the Killarney is not). You'll have to bring it up with breath control.
Okay. I'll do that. I do have a Killarney and I'll try that out too!
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

oxxooo or oxxxox? You could try using oxoxxx which is normally used on the flute.