Irish Pipers Club West Coast Tionól 2020

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
thePhotopiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a piper of 15 years. ~10 were Scottish, ~5 Irish. I currently run the Irish Pipers club in Seattle. I'm a regular at most of the local sessions, and run a beginners session at a local music school.

Irish Pipers Club West Coast Tionól 2020

Post by thePhotopiper »

Hey folks!

I've got a couple announcements I'd like to share.

1. The Irish Pipers Club - Seattle will be hosting the annual West Coast Tionól next month, Feb. 14-16. Special guests will be Joey Abarta and Cillian Vallely.

2. You can find more info and purchase tickets on our brand new website! http://www.irishpipersclub.com

The website site is a bit scarce on content at the moment, but we've got big plans for it. If you took part in the survey I posted a while back, your input was heard loud and clear and is informing many decisions.

If you want to stay up to date on the latest website developments and Tionól info, sign up to our newsletter and you'll be among the first to know.

Thanks, and I hope to see many of you in Seattle next month!
tommykleen
Tell us something.: I am interested in the uilleann pipes and their typical -and broader- use. I have been composing and arranging for the instrument lately. I enjoy unusual harmonic combinations on the pipes. I use the pipes to play music of other cultures.

Re: Irish Pipers Club West Coast Tionól 2020

Post by tommykleen »

Nice fresh look for this venerable club!

I wouldn't be piping if it weren't for the Seattle club and this event. Plain and simple.

See you all there!
Tommykleen
Well, don't forget to make music.
RenaissanceGuy
Tell us something.: I am interested in various forms of traditional and folk music. I've been interested in Uilleann pipes for many years. And now I'm finally learning them!

Re: Irish Pipers Club West Coast Tionól 2020

Post by RenaissanceGuy »

Thanks for all the work that went into coordinating, arranging, etc.
I only made it to the Saturday evening concert, myself. It was quite nice.