FS: Antique anonymous English 8 key cocuswood D flute SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
yellowhistler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FS: Antique anonymous English 8 key cocuswood D flute SOLD

Post by yellowhistler »

Hi,
I'm selling this little project now that I haven't gotten to in probably 10 years. For restoration, parts or collection. Currently not in a playable condition. Still very nice, notice the interestingly shaped pewter plugs. Photos of it can be found here:

https://app.box.com/s/1pni9w1jauo4zzswu52sn1zieiiuty2b

It has many cracks. Some visible in the photos, some not, I'll try to list them as accurately I can. The head joint has 2 previously repaired cracks, one medium sized through the top of the embouchure hole continuing up, and one fairly big a bit further down the side of the embouchure not through it, passing under the lip plate and going down the length of the HJ, both have been closed and re-glued (but needs filling) and the bore has been re-reamed to fit the inner tuning slide again. One big crack through the length of the barrel, but untouched. LH joint is free of cracks. A hairline crack in the socket on the RH joint, and a hairline one in the short F key block at the pin. The foot joint has a medium sized crack on the outside going from the Eb key pad seat into the key slot reaching the D hole (or C# note key) and has been repaired before by the looks of it, in the bore it's finer but goes from hole to hole.

Overall length is 650mm, not counting the cork stopper peg. Center of embouchure hole to end length is 578mm.

The endcap is missing and so is the bushing around the F# finger hole. All keys work freely with snappy spring action, but no pads are fitted. All rings (except top barrel) are loose and so is the lip plate. Hardware made of nickel silver, except inner slide which is brass.

So a lot of work on this one, asking 2000 SEK which is about $214 US / 191 Euro but open to offers. Plus worldwide shipping insured and tracked at cost. Paypal and international bank transfer accepted (if paypal please add 4% of amount for transaction fees)

Thanks for looking! :-)
yellowhistler

Re: FS: Antique anonymous English 8 key cocuswood D flute

Post by yellowhistler »

Reduced to 1500 SEK, about $159 or €143 + shipping.
yellowhistler

Post by yellowhistler »

Final reduction to 1000 SEK, about 95€ or $105 plus shipping.
yellowhistler

Post by yellowhistler »

Sale pending - SOLD