Glen Watson six key flute price

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
jim stone

Glen Watson six key flute price

Post by jim stone »

Does anybody know the current price for a new GW six key in blackwood? And the wait time? I've searched our messages and his site but can't find this info. If I'm missing something obvious please forgive me as I have the cold crusading for democracy, etc. Thanks
gbyrne
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistle and flute. I started learning 3 years ago. I like this website and TheSession too. This should be enought for you to know I am not a weirdo spammer.

Re: Glen Watson six key flute price

Post by gbyrne »

16 months as of October 2019.
€950 keyless / €2700 6-key
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Much obliged.
gbyrne
Tell us something.: I play whistle and flute. I started learning 3 years ago. I like this website and TheSession too. This should be enought for you to know I am not a weirdo spammer.

Post by gbyrne »

Welcome... Best to reach out to Glenn directly: WATSONFLUTES@yahoo.ie

I know a number of people with Glenn's flutes - well respected. His lead times must be all handled on a FIFO basis - same for keyless and keyed instruments. 16 months for keyed is on the lower end of the scale these days. Retirements/departures/scale-back by a number of the leading makers has wait times increasing significantly in the past year or two.

Many other makers operate shorter times for keyless (1-2 years seems typical, sometimes ex-stock) and long waiting for keyed instruments (3-7 years).
busterbill

Post by busterbill »

Lovely flutes. I was sorely tempted when I heard one played a number of years ago. I actually did reach out but controlled myself. HaHa
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

There's a blackwood 6-key Watson currently available through the Irish Flute Store, priced at $2,999.
https://www.irishflutestore.com/product ... lver-6-key
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Juan Pablo Plata
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Juan Pablo Plata »

Best flutes I've played.