Water Weasel Sanitizing

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
busterbill
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Water Weasel Sanitizing

Post by busterbill »

Steve Bliven wrote:
busterbill wrote:I have a set of water weasels also from Fred Schultz directly.....
Darn spelchek turned "Glenn" into "Fred".

Best wishes.

Steve

HaHa. I am not sure if it was my spell check or my brain. It has been getting a little soggy these days. I went to the eye doctor yesterday and got an upgrade on my reading glasses. After I pick some up with the new diopter my proof reading may improve.... or not... :D . Thanks for the catch.

A little dish soap on the fipple should be OK. Though I don't seem to need it.

I wonder if alcohol would discolor the pvc. My D tube and mouthpiece are a slightly yellower shade than my C and Eb tubes that seldom see the light of day. I assume this is just oxidation, but it does prove that pvc is not immune to color change.

I have searched my files and don't have any papers on this set.

You won't have any o ring. The D mouthpiece body joint on mine has the tiniest bit of play on my decades old set. This allowed me to accidentally push it out of tune when I'd play it. I have put one of my kids craft silicone rubber bands around the body. These things are small, less than a nickel's diameter and very thin. It's presence keeps my tuning where I set it.

People who I have known that have had Water Weasels and may not be on this forum are Shannon Heaton and Sean Gavin. Both are nice human beings and may be found on Facebook. Shannon is in Boston now and Sean in Minnesota.
Matthewlawson3
antispam: No

Re: Water Weasel Sanitizing

Post by Matthewlawson3 »

busterbill wrote:
Steve Bliven wrote:
busterbill wrote:I have a set of water weasels also from Fred Schultz directly.....
Darn spelchek turned "Glenn" into "Fred".

Best wishes.

Steve

HaHa. I am not sure if it was my spell check or my brain. It has been getting a little soggy these days. I went to the eye doctor yesterday and got an upgrade on my reading glasses. After I pick some up with the new diopter my proof reading may improve.... or not... :D . Thanks for the catch.

A little dish soap on the fipple should be OK. Though I don't seem to need it.

I wonder if alcohol would discolor the pvc. My D tube and mouthpiece are a slightly yellower shade than my C and Eb tubes that seldom see the light of day. I assume this is just oxidation, but it does prove that pvc is not immune to color change.

I have searched my files and don't have any papers on this set.

You won't have any o ring. The D mouthpiece body joint on mine has the tiniest bit of play on my decades old set. This allowed me to accidentally push it out of tune when I'd play it. I have put one of my kids craft silicone rubber bands around the body. These things are small, less than a nickel's diameter and very thin. It's presence keeps my tuning where I set it.

People who I have known that have had Water Weasels and may not be on this forum are Shannon Heaton and Sean Gavin. Both are nice human beings and may be found on Facebook. Shannon is in Boston now and Sean in Minnesota.
Thank you for your help and information! Sorry for the delayed reply.