Cruinniú na bhFluit [FluteMeet] Open for registration

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
gbyrne
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistle and flute. I started learning 3 years ago. I like this website and TheSession too. This should be enought for you to know I am not a weirdo spammer.

Cruinniú na bhFluit [FluteMeet] Open for registration

Post by gbyrne »

The annual meetup in Ballyvourney is open for registrations see: http://flutemeet.org/Flutemeet/Welcome.html

2020 workshops by Kevin Crawford, Orlaith McAuliffe, Hammy Hamilton, Barry Kerr, Seán Ó Broin and Geraldine MacNamara. That's an awesome class line-up.

Last year 72 students signed up for the 6 masterclass work-streams and in all there were around 100 fluters participating in the various activities and evening sessions. I loved the afternoon sessions which typically kicked off 3PM and went until the very late (or early, depending on your definition) hours of the morning. I had a lot of good music events in 2019, but for me as a flute player - the Cruinniú was the clear winner.

Hope to see some of you there.
ChrisCracknell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Cruinniú na bhFluit [FluteMeet] Open for registration

Post by ChrisCracknell »

Just signed up and checked Weston House - the BandB is already booked out for the week! Fast work by someone... Still, I expect I'll be able to find somewhere else to stay.

I've missed a couple in the last ten years,including last year, but it has always been fun and illuminating. It does seem that the trend is to getting bigger though.
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kenny »

Very doubtful that I'll manage to get to next year's event, but I would just like to encourage anyone with an interest in Irish flute playing to attend.
Hope all is well with you, Chris.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
gorjuswrex

Post by gorjuswrex »

ChrisCracknell wrote:Just signed up and checked Weston House - the BandB is already booked out for the week! Fast work by someone... Still, I expect I'll be able to find somewhere else to stay.

If possible could someone explain more regarding Western house , band B and accommodation?
Normski
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Normski »

Kevin it is a b&b next to the Mills Inn in Ballyvourney Co Cork. It has a website but note it is Weston House not "Western"
gbyrne
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistle and flute. I started learning 3 years ago. I like this website and TheSession too. This should be enought for you to know I am not a weirdo spammer.

Post by gbyrne »

Yup, the event is ever popular. Last year 72 students for the 6 workshop streams (12 per class max.). Ballyvourney isn't a large town and accommodation is booked up very quickly. There are over 100 flute players/visitors (plus some partners and families). The Mills Inn is the epicentre of evening craic and is generally booked out awfully quickly. Weston B&B is just across the road from Mills Inn. I know three room bookings who were fortunate. But gotta act quickly. Same for the 72 tuition slots - they are generally filled fairly quickly - within a matter of weeks. However anybody with a flute can just come along for all the other evening/session activities.

Grab any accommodation in the town or within walking distance - you'll only be spending 4 hours a night in bed if last year is anything to go by :-)
gorjuswrex wrote:
ChrisCracknell wrote:Just signed up and checked Weston House - the BandB is already booked out for the week! Fast work by someone... Still, I expect I'll be able to find somewhere else to stay.

If possible could someone explain more regarding Western house , band B and accommodation?
gorjuswrex

Post by gorjuswrex »

Can anyone confirm if the website closes application or gives some notice when they are full and the applicant has to then go on the waiting list?
Normski

Post by Normski »

Kevin - the website announces when registration is closed. Last year it was in second week of January so be quick if you are thinking of going.
Normski

Post by Normski »

Registration is now closed. A waiting list has been opened.