Toward a More Mid-Atlantic America

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Toward a More Mid-Atlantic America

Post by Nanohedron »

Mr.Gumby wrote:I'll give you a brainmelt and introduce you to The Magic Roundabout. :D
At first I thought it was a joke. That's absolutely terrifying!
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Nanohedron wrote:
Mr.Gumby wrote:I'll give you a brainmelt and introduce you to The Magic Roundabout. :D
I look at that photo and I can not stop laughing... hysterically... yeah its a brainmelt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghj5V5cUo1s
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

My brain hurts

benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Nanohedron wrote:
It really isn't. It's amazing. At whatever time of day, however busy the traffic is, I have never once had to stop when approaching that roundabout. It's brilliant! :)
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

It only took a little observation to see how it's supposed to work, and I agree that it's brilliantly conceived, but given its complexity don't people still get it wrong? I mean, I'm sure that once you're habituated it becomes second nature, but what about newcomers? I'd be very likely to rely on a taxi until it sunk in.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Brus

Post by Brus »

Nanohedron wrote: Here in the States we've adopted a few Right Pond terms over time, but somehow I just don't see "fortnight" as having the same kind of traction.

Discuss.
I can remember when you had to watch the odd British TV show on PBS to know what a "pub" was. Now it's common.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. (Anything is more impressive if you say it in Latin)
Michael w6
Tell us something.: I have played bagpipes for several years. Open heart surgery in 2014 took me out for several months and I have not yet returned. I have begun to pursue the penny whistle instead. I'm looking for advice and friends in this new instrument.

Post by Michael w6 »

Hummm. Forsooth, I like throwing in the occasional "nonce" and "fain."
A moment of carelessness, a lifetime of regret.
A lifetime of carelessness, a moment of regret.