Rudall & Rose 4322 in G&H auction

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
kkrell
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Rudall & Rose 4322 in G&H auction

Post by kkrell »

Thread revivial:

This flute is being offered again at G&H.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

kkrell wrote:Thread revivial:

This flute is being offered again at G&H.
Update December 13, 2019 Sale: Winning bid: £1,450 (hammer price, before buyer's premium & VAT).
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Steampacket »

Update December 13, 2019 Sale: Winning bid: £1,450 (hammer price, before buyer's premium & VAT). kkrell
Not bad, although considerably less than the previous winning bid of £2500 (hammer price). I hope the new owner is happy and can reverse, or accept, whatever "modifications" have been done to the flute. The flute perhaps plays well in spite of, or because of, the "modifications" I'd like to hear more about the flute if the buyer is on this forum or the Flute history channel?
Steampacket

Post by Steampacket »

Rudall & Rose 4322 was re-entered in a new G&H auction on December the 19th, 2019 and sold for £1450 + 20% buyer's premium and a possible 2.5% online bidding fee. Sold again on E-bay yesterday, February 21st, 2020 for £2995

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Old-8-key-En ... SPQBmLZbJ0
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

Sold on eBay by one of the incarnations of the hydra-headed dealer! Unfortunately I fear the buyer, whoever they may be, may not understand the degree to which this flute has been modified/is non-original. :(
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
Steampacket

Post by Steampacket »

Well this is strange. Rudall & Rose 4322 is back on E-bay once more for the buy-it-now price of £2995. Same seller as before boon_stre
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/254520114886?fb ... 12F2lPyyuo
Flutern
Tell us something.: I have a keen interest in wooden flutes (modern and antique), early music (Renaissance, Baroque), Romantic music and Irish Traditional Music of course! I also play the clarinet (my first instrument) and I've also started learning the cittern.

Post by Flutern »

Steampacket wrote:Well this is strange. Rudall & Rose 4322 is back on E-bay once more for the buy-it-now price of £2995. Same seller as before boon_stre
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/254520114886?fb ... 12F2lPyyuo
Maybe the buyer realized that it wasn't worth that amount of money in the end. :-? I watched a few "buy it now" items from this seller recently, and they were all overpriced. I guess all it takes is one gullible buyer with a large amount of disposable income...

As a side note, how do you find these Rudall's on ebay? I could access the one that recently sold for ~1000£ from the link here, but when I searched ebay.com or ebay.co.uk, it never showed up. This one didn't show up either. (Not that I want to buy a Rudall :D, but I'm just wondering what I'm missing.)
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.