Sébastien Villoing

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Yogifluter
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Sébastien Villoing

Post by Yogifluter »

Hi all:

Anybody played one of his flutes? Opinions?

Thanks!

Tim
vermichou

Re: Sébastien Villoing

Post by vermichou »

Hi,

For future readers. I own a Villoing. It's a great flute, very even tone, one of the most in tune flutes I have had. I'm quite picky and have kept it as my main flute for a while. It takes a while to find the right embouchure, a refined air stream, but the tone is there! Very reedy and dark, it plays very much like Grinters. The keywork is absolutely brilliant.

To be fair, I have just moved to the latest Morvan design, which produces a more opened sound and can be more barky if need be, but I'm keeping my Villoing because it's always nice to have a backup flute for concerts, and I like this flute too much to part with it now.

Also, he's cheap compared to some "mainstream" makers, yet with all the bells and whistles you can expect (tunable cork, double Bb key, cork walled tuning slide etc).

I wouldn't hesitate. There are lots of other great makers in the same price range (Lesouef is not too far), but Sebastien will not disappoint!
Yogifluter

Re: Sébastien Villoing

Post by Yogifluter »

Thanks very much, very informative!

Tim