6 Key Abell/Watson Flute for Sale

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
piper5johnny
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

6 Key Abell/Watson Flute for Sale

Post by piper5johnny »

Hello all! I am posting for the first time that I have a 6 key Blackwood Irish flute for sale on ebay.co.uk at present.
The body is by Glenn Watson of Galway town, Ireland and the Silver headjoint (Number 400) is by Chris Abell of Asheville, North Carolina.
I am asking £1,650 but also open to reasonable offers..
Photos show that I have added a small thumb rest for the right hand thumb as mine are very curved and need this higher support.
On ebay just type Abell/Watson 6 key Blackwood Irish Flute to see the ad.
I am living in London.
Many thanks.
John Wood.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: 6 Key Abell/Watson Flute for Sale

Post by kkrell »

Posting to give the link for the latest listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124002476103

Chris Abell's current price for a Simple System headjoint is USD $1250, & $250 for a barrel section. The barrel in this is a bit fancy. I don't know if Mr. Abell does this normally, although I note that it looks like it is enclosed in metal to the depth of the slide receiver, so unlikely to crack.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
piper5johnny

Post by piper5johnny »

Apologies if I am doing this incorrectly, but I just wanted to tell this forum that my Abell/Watson has been sold and is going to a good home in France.
Many thanks.
John Wood.
jyberg
Tell us something.: Hello I'm a french whistler ans flute player. I live in Lille, in the north of France. I play at the moment a M. Doyle's flute . It's been 14 years I try to know which whistle I play !

Post by jyberg »

I am more and more happy with my purchase with each passing day, this flute is a wonder ... I do not know if it's due to the Abell's headjoint or the Watson's body, or a mixture of both ... ? ...

I had never played such a good flute in my whole life ... although I have had many flutes

A so high quality 6 keys flute for this price... I'm a lucky man ! :party:

Thanks again John !