Sindt Whistle Waiting Times

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
busterbill
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Sindt Whistle Waiting Times

Post by busterbill »

I recently bought a Sindt C (lovely whistle by the way) and received it in about a week. I think the long wait list has considerably shrunk. If you we thinking about the Sindt, it may be a good time. They are great whistles.
gbyrne
Tell us something.: I play whistle and flute. I started learning 3 years ago. I like this website and TheSession too. This should be enought for you to know I am not a weirdo spammer.

Re: Sindt Whistle Waiting Times

Post by gbyrne »

Yup... similar experience. Ordered Bb + B + C + D in July and they were delivered in September. Followed up in October with a C# to "fill the gap" in the set and it's arrived already.

5 whistles (Bb/B/C/C#/D) covers all keys within one sharp/flat of a whistle in the bag. I am not expecting the C# to see a lot of action :-)

JS's whistles are as sweet as ever and I'm thrilled to have a set that I never expected to be able to assemble. Beats the uncertainty of eBay auction prices ($250-350 typical) and unknown provenance/condition.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Just out of curiosity, what is the cost of a Sindt direct from the maker these days?

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
gbyrne
Tell us something.: I play whistle and flute. I started learning 3 years ago. I like this website and TheSession too. This should be enought for you to know I am not a weirdo spammer.

Post by gbyrne »

$180 + $20 shipping CONUSA is a reasonable guide.

I too had understood that supply was very restricted and waiting times lengthy for perhaps as long as the past 10 years or so.
emmdee

Post by emmdee »

gbyrne wrote:Yup... similar experience. Ordered Bb + B + C + D in July and they were delivered in September. Followed up in October with a C# to "fill the gap" in the set and it's arrived already.

5 whistles (Bb/B/C/C#/D) covers all keys within one sharp/flat of a whistle in the bag. I am not expecting the C# to see a lot of action :-)

JS's whistles are as sweet as ever and I'm thrilled to have a set that I never expected to be able to assemble. Beats the uncertainty of eBay auction prices ($250-350 typical) and unknown provenance/condition.
Oooh, I have a C# Burke. If we ever rock up in the same pub we can have a few tunes - just the two of us :)

m.d.
An Draighean
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by An Draighean »

gbyrne wrote:I too had understood that supply was very restricted and waiting times lengthy for perhaps as long as the past 10 years or so.
I've been waiting at least five years for mine.
Deartháir don phaidir an port.
SqueaksEZ
Tell us something.: I've eight pennywhistles/tinwhistles/Irish whistles that have been in their shoebox prison way too long. It's about time I got back to fingering their holes.

I may have registered previously, like in or before 1999 (when I bought my John Sindt D.

Post by SqueaksEZ »

I received my "D" from John exactly one month after I ordered it.

That was in 1999, almost 21 years ago, and the price was $60, plus $3 shipping, for a whopping $63.00 total.

:D
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

An Draighean wrote:I've been waiting at least five years for mine.
Maybe time to give John a shout just to be sure you didn't accidentally get lost from the list? Five years seems rather long, even when his list was way backed up.

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
busterbill

Post by busterbill »

Steve Bliven wrote:
Maybe time to give John a shout just to be sure you didn't accidentally get lost from the list? Five years seems rather long, even when his list was way backed up.

Best wishes.

Steve

I second this. I would definitely reach out.
An Draighean
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by An Draighean »

Steve Bliven wrote:

Best wishes.

Steve
I guess I will. My wife placed the order and has been communicating with John. Her last email from him was July 2018, and he said it was still a year and a half out at that time, which coincidentally would be this December, which starts tomorrow. Maybe they will show up soon! I have not been bothered, as I still really like the Generations I have had for 43 years.

Also, to be fair to John, she first ordered them in 2016, so I have only been waiting 3-4 years, not 5 years as I previously said. :oops: Mea culpa - my memory is not what it once was.
Deartháir don phaidir an port.
Dreday
Tell us something.: I started playing recorders until I found Kerry whistles and fell in love with the tone, different sizes and low maintenance.1

Post by Dreday »

Hi is there a website or an email? Thanks.
busterbill

Post by busterbill »

sindtwhistles@aol.com worked for me.
busterbill

Post by busterbill »

busterbill wrote:sindtwhistles@aol.com worked for me.
Actually, it is sindtwhistle@aol.com

I accidentally added the plural. It is a good thing I am not an accountant :D If I do this with letters, I am sure I'd be a nightmare with numbers.
CPA
Tell us something.: I like descant recorder and treble recorder in classical music and so I like tin whistle and low whistle in folk music.

Post by CPA »

busterbill wrote:sindtwhistles@aol.com worked for me.
For me is working sindtwhistle@aol.com , but... is John Sindt still making whistles now: 16.06.2020?
busterbill

Post by busterbill »

I know a couple of friends who ordered and received whistles in February 2020.

The best thing is to contact Mr. Sindt. and make sure you don't put in the pural "whistles" in his address. I have led a number of people astray on that one. If all is well he will get back to you. Try again after a week or so if you do not hear from him.

Sindtwhistle@aol.com