Waiting Times

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Normski
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Waiting Times

Post by Normski »

I've been talking to couple of friends who have ordered new flutes recently. It seems that waiting times are increasing. For example the wait for a 6 keyed Lesouef is apparently now 30 months whereas a friend who had one delivered in August waited 16 months.
Interested in other people's wait time experience.
flyingparchment
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: i have an unhealthy obsession with flutes and thought i should try to find some other people to share my problems with! (i play a TJ Boehm-system flute and an M&E 6-key simple system flute i've just acquired, hence the interest in C&F.)

Re: Waiting Times

Post by flyingparchment »

for my keyless D flute, i mailed the maker (Tony Millyard) in May and received the flute about two weeks later. that's because he makes keyless flutes in batches and happened to have one in stock; if i'd wanted something else it might have taken a bit longer.

his original estimate for adding keys, after putting me on the waiting list in May, was around October, but that didn't happen since i found i'm allergic to African Blackwood and had to exchange the flute for one in a different wood. i expect to receive that flute this week and assuming it's okay, the new estimate for keys is "early new year".