Does someone know this store :www.musical-instrument-for-all

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
nightmagic
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: German speaking
playing not a long time the whistle but want to learn more
happy with every help and looking for more information about Uileann Pipes
*********************************************************************************************
***********************************************************************************************

Does someone know this store :www.musical-instrument-for-all

Post by nightmagic »

Hi guys.

it's not advertisement! But I saw few nice whistles on their webpage.

www.musical-instruments-for-all.com
1317 Broadway
Brooklyn, NY 11221
United States

I have sent them emails but they come back with error and I couldn't find a telephone number.

Does someone know if this store is still existing or how I can contact them?

I'm searching since a long time a Copeland high C to buy and they had one ....

thanks
bigsciota

Re: Does someone know this store :www.musical-instrument-for

Post by bigsciota »

The broken English and poor design of the page are pretty clear indications that this is not a legitimate site. It looks like they have a bot scraping eBay posts or something, and the fact that it's not easy to buy anything makes me think something very nefarious is going on. I'm guessing you're not a native English speaker, so some of the language issues might not be as obvious, but this looks like something run through Google translate from another language, since the syntax and vocabulary is extremely odd.

I would not interact with this site at all. I don't know what they're trying to do, but I do know that they are not going to sell you a Copeland whistle.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

bigsciota wrote:...the syntax and vocabulary is extremely odd.
Not all of it. The site seems to me to be a place where private individuals, and no doubt companies too, can sell their instruments, because the quality and personal style of English changes with each item. I don't think the site is intended to be taken as the seller in any sale, but rather as the host; some instruments are listed as being in the UK, others in the States, and so on, and the seller provides any detail about the instrument. For example, one seller disclosed that they knew nothing about playing the instrument they were selling. That's detail on a clearly personal level, and pretty up-front.

That said, I'm still leery of the site, too.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
bigsciota

Post by bigsciota »

Nanohedron wrote:
bigsciota wrote:...the syntax and vocabulary is extremely odd.
Not all of it. The site seems to me to be a place where private individuals, and no doubt companies too, can sell their instruments, because the quality and personal style of English changes with each item.
If you look at the format of the posts, they are fairly obviously taken from eBay listings. As I said before, I think that they have a bot simply taking the information from eBay listings and re-posting it on the site. In fact, there are references to eBay in some of the listings, like this one:
Please use eBay's message facility to ask questions about condition, for clarity on item specifics, to discuss offers or to ask about combining purchases, including combining postage. POSTAGE NEXT WORKING-DAY DISPATCH Standard courier. Please select 24 hour or economy option. Shipping costs: I do my best to keep costs as low as possible. I shop-around to get the best service for the best price. I recycle materials where possible. Included in the cost of shipping: The courier fee eBay's postage fee (Yes, that's right. eBay charge sellers a 10% commission on the postage fee - If the postage fee is £10, eBay take £1. Shocking, but there is nothing the seller can do about it). Materials: purpose made shipping carton, bubble wrap, tape. Please remember this when leaving feedback. When you purchase the item, you agree to the postage costs.
Again, I would not give this site traffic, and I would certainly not send emails or give any kind of information whatsoever. Whatever they're trying to do, you do not want to be a part of.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

bigsciota wrote:If you look at the format of the posts, they are fairly obviously taken from eBay listings. As I said before, I think that they have a bot simply taking the information from eBay listings and re-posting it on the site. In fact, there are references to eBay in some of the listings, like this one:
Please use eBay's message facility to ask questions about condition, for clarity on item specifics, to discuss offers or to ask about combining purchases, including combining postage. POSTAGE NEXT WORKING-DAY DISPATCH Standard courier. Please select 24 hour or economy option. Shipping costs: I do my best to keep costs as low as possible. I shop-around to get the best service for the best price. I recycle materials where possible. Included in the cost of shipping: The courier fee eBay's postage fee (Yes, that's right. eBay charge sellers a 10% commission on the postage fee - If the postage fee is £10, eBay take £1. Shocking, but there is nothing the seller can do about it). Materials: purpose made shipping carton, bubble wrap, tape. Please remember this when leaving feedback. When you purchase the item, you agree to the postage costs.
Again, I would not give this site traffic, and I would certainly not send emails or give any kind of information whatsoever. Whatever they're trying to do, you do not want to be a part of.
'Nuff said, I should think! :o
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Tor

Post by Tor »

That web site has a Czech IP address. The owner of the IP is also Czech. Nothing wrong with that, but it's an indication that they're not really located at the provided Brooklyn address.
raindog1970
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by raindog1970 »

bigsciota wrote:The broken English and poor design of the page are pretty clear indications that this is not a legitimate site. It looks like they have a bot scraping eBay posts or something, and the fact that it's not easy to buy anything makes me think something very nefarious is going on. I'm guessing you're not a native English speaker, so some of the language issues might not be as obvious, but this looks like something run through Google translate from another language, since the syntax and vocabulary is extremely odd.

I would not interact with this site at all. I don't know what they're trying to do, but I do know that they are not going to sell you a Copeland whistle.
I really want that vintage brass Copeland low D from the 1920's! Who wouldn't pay $761 for a time traveling whistle? :lol:
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

raindog1970 wrote:
I really want that vintage brass Copeland low D from the 1920's! Who wouldn't pay $761 for a time traveling whistle? :lol:
Where do you suppose the Flux Capacitor is mounted on that whistle??
nightmagic
Tell us something.: German speaking
playing not a long time the whistle but want to learn more
happy with every help and looking for more information about Uileann Pipes
*********************************************************************************************
***********************************************************************************************

Post by nightmagic »

Hi all
Thanks a lot for the answers
And yes - English isn’t my first language (it’s German) so even more
Thanks for all the good information

I was blind when I saw all these whistles and thought these guys have a few I was really looking for

Oh.. I‘m also interested where the Flux Compensator has to get connected .. smile... on the Copeland

Many thanks
Lou