MK Pro Stuck in Customs

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Seamus McNaught
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I live in Baltimore. I play tin whistle. My treasured whistle is my Freeman tweeked "C" Shaw. I will move to Pensacola, FL in 6 months. I'm setting up a session there. Check out the Four Sons on Meetup.

MK Pro Stuck in Customs

Post by Seamus McNaught »

I've got an MK Pro that's been at the ISC Facility in NYC for almost three weeks. It's inbound, to the USA from Glascow. Has anybody had a similar experience?
...May the angels, bright
watch you tonight
And keep you while you sleep
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Re: MK Pro Stuck in Customs

Post by Loren »

Seamus McNaught wrote:I've got an MK Pro that's been at the ISC Facility in NYC for almost three weeks. It's inbound, to the USA from Glascow. Has anybody had a similar experience?
Not with a whistle, but yeah, sometimes stuff gets hung up there for weeks with no apparently good reason. Had this happen with a flute, thought they’d lost it, destroyed it, or something but no, they were just taking their sweet time. I wouldn’t seriously worry just yet, likely it will be released by the end of next week, if not sooner.
Seamus McNaught
Tell us something.: I live in Baltimore. I play tin whistle. My treasured whistle is my Freeman tweeked "C" Shaw. I will move to Pensacola, FL in 6 months. I'm setting up a session there. Check out the Four Sons on Meetup.

Thanks. I suppose I'll sweat it out.

Funny but I see the customs agents saying, "Yeah...throw it in that pile. He doesn't want it bad enough yet."
watch you tonight
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

Loren's right. They are understaffed, and from now until the Christmas backlog is cleared, this'll be a bad time of year. :sleep:

Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
Seamus McNaught

Thanks, A.S.
The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
“When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.
Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.”
watch you tonight
An Draighean
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by An Draighean »

My MK Pro came lickety-split (a number of years ago), but I had a pipe chanter posted by Royal Mail from the UK that took a couple of months to clear customs here in the U.S. I had just decided to try and get my money back, and it showed up in perfect condition in the post that day.
Deartháir don phaidir an port.
Seamus McNaught

Thanks.
watch you tonight
Seamus McNaught

Thanks everybody. I got the whistle after it was stuck in customs for about a month. The funny thing is that it's clear that it was never opened by customs. Oy!

First thoughts.... Very chiffy and airy. Low air requirements. Exactly what I wanted.
watch you tonight