Warranty for your Oil

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Casey Burns
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Warranty for your Oil

Post by Casey Burns »

I use Gamblin's Refined Linseed Oil to oil the flutes that I make. I use it in the initial and final finishing, with a few drops of superglue added when applying initially, and then a mere soaking overnight for the final finishing.

I just ordered some via Amazon.

They offered me this deal: for an extra $3.99 I could get a 4 year warranty for this product. I am so tempted...

Casey
Tunborough
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Warranty for your Oil

Post by Tunborough »

That warranty runs out after 50,000 km. Do they offer an extended power-train warranty?
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

YMMV. :D

Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
Kirk B
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Kirk B »

Be careful if you use it on a Meyer or Nach Meyer flute. Those German flutes require Euro spec oil. :wink:
flyingparchment
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: i have an unhealthy obsession with flutes and thought i should try to find some other people to share my problems with! (i play a TJ Boehm-system flute and an M&E 6-key simple system flute i've just acquired, hence the interest in C&F.)

Post by flyingparchment »

last time i bought cork grease they offered me a 5 year warranty on it. i almost took it so i could claim another one when this one ran out...
Terry McGee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Terry McGee »

I'm reminded of that great question: "If you use a poison after its use-by date, does it become more or less poisonous?"

Could be fun to take the extra warranty, and go back to them after nearly 4 years when there's very little left in the bottle, and complain that it "doesn't seem quite so oily...."