FS: Patrick Olwell bamboo G flute - Baltimore MD

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
fotyc
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

FS: Patrick Olwell bamboo G flute - Baltimore MD

Post by fotyc »

I have a lovely bamboo G flute by Patrick Olwell that I bought in the early 1990s and really never made much use of - it’s been all I can do to make myself a passable fiddler! :-) This flute is going to waste living in my house. I don’t know a better place to try to reach some actual flute players than here. It has a lovely round sound and is not difficult to produce a tone on or to play in tune, even for a fiddle player. These bamboo flutes have not been made for a long time but everyone knows that things made by the Olwells are first rate. No cracks or other flaws that I can see.

I have a photo I could email to you. The flute is a dark brown and about 16 inches long. It comes with a red velveteen drawstring case and the original insert how-to-play sheet.

Asking $225 including tracked shipping in the US in a tube stuffed with bubble wrap (if you're somewhere else, let me know and I will figure out shipping).

Thank you!
jim stone

Re: FS: Patrick Olwell bamboo G flute - Baltimore MD

Post by jim stone »

please check private messages
Loren
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

fotyc wrote:I have a lovely bamboo G flute by Patrick Olwell that I bought in the early 1990s and really never made much use of - it’s been all I can do to make myself a passable fiddler! :-) This flute is going to waste living in my house. I don’t know a better place to try to reach some actual flute players than here. It has a lovely round sound and is not difficult to produce a tone on or to play in tune, even for a fiddle player. These bamboo flutes have not been made for a long time but everyone knows that things made by the Olwells are first rate. No cracks or other flaws that I can see.

I have a photo I could email to you. The flute is a dark brown and about 16 inches long. It comes with a red velveteen drawstring case and the original insert how-to-play sheet.

Asking $225 including tracked shipping in the US in a tube stuffed with bubble wrap (if you're somewhere else, let me know and I will figure out shipping).

Thank you!
And yet earlier today you declined my offer on eBay, saying you had a local buyer......
fotyc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fotyc »

Sold, thank you.