China Contact on FS

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

China Contact on FS

Post by IDAwHOa »

Got this email today. I have not been here for a LONG time and do not know this person.

Want to know if this is a real contact or is someone phishing me from here.

Hi Steven,

this is Manuel, long time Chiff & Fipple forum's member (manubande) ;)

Is the Bleazey low D in Mopane still available ?

How's the upper octave, is it much louder than the low octave ?

How much would be the shipping (via USPS international) cost
to Shanghai, China ?

Please let me know.

Have a nice day !

Cheers,

Manuel
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Re: China Contact on FS

Post by IDAwHOa »

I think I found him in the member list but wanted to be sure.

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

I can’t vouch for the authenticity of the email you received, but I do remember postings by manubande in years past. I might even have corresponded with him once or twice, possibly over a sale BUT, like you I have been around here forever and memory fades.....

At any rate, if manubande can/will correspond with you via the board PM function, rather than just email, you should “probably” be ok.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

The member name & first name definitely seem familiar to me. However, I can find no listing for that particular name on C&F, or even on Google.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

kkrell wrote:The member name & first name definitely seem familiar to me. However, I can find no listing for that particular name on C&F, or even on Google.
Hi, guys. The username is manu.bande (note the configuration), he's listed as from Shanghai, and he's been a member in good standing since 2006. Last posted in June of this year.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Nanohedron wrote:
kkrell wrote:The member name & first name definitely seem familiar to me. However, I can find no listing for that particular name on C&F, or even on Google.
Hi, guys. The username is manu.bande (note the configuration), he's listed as from Shanghai, and he's been a member in good standing since 2006. Last posted in June of this year.
Ah, yes, a long-time member, seems to have been a Bleazey fan for years. "See all posts from the profile to get re-acquainted:

Profile:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6355

Search user posts (all in reverse date order):
search.php?author_id=6355&sr=posts
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

Thanks guys.

I am happy with the email convo so far. Asking all of the right questions to let me know he is actually a whistle guy and not some freak from Nigeria trying to do a scam. Whistle does not ship until funds clear anyway.

chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I'm a little late ringing in, but I've dealt with Manuel, and he's an upstanding citizen.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
manu.bande
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by manu.bande »

chas wrote:I'm a little late ringing in, but I've dealt with Manuel, and he's an upstanding citizen.
Hi there, yes it's me and I'm one of the good guys ! :D
Thank you Chas, Nanohedron, kkrell and Loren for the kind words :party:
I'm fine with Steven 8)
PS: Hey Charlie, your high D pear whistle sounds as sweet as ever :thumbsup:
Manuel
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

manu.bande wrote: PS: Hey Charlie, your high D pear whistle sounds as sweet as ever :thumbsup:
Thanks, Manuel! I'm glad you're enjoying it.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.