Vpipes

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
PeterPiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Love playing pipes Uilleann and Highland . Also play jazz on saxophone . I have ben playing Oboe sax and clarinet for about lo years and pipes for about 10. I am not a great piper but love playing through celtic books and si reading is demanding and enjoyable to me. I live on the shores of the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia.

Vpipes

Post by PeterPiper »

FS is my set of Vpipes. They are loaded with approx 200 midi files by Ramone De Castro. They are about 2 years old but like new. Play perfectly and are very sensitive to play... You have a great deal of lea way on how to personalize . Can play through headphones or amplify. These are amazing Uilleanne electronic pipes and usually take a year or so wait time to acquire. I am in Canada so I would want $2000 Canadian for them ONO. They were considerably more than this by the time they are delivered. Any questions ... just ask. Sept. 2019. These rarely come up.
buskerSean
Tell us something.: I am a walrus, I am a tea pot. John Lennon said that but people see him as a guru. Well,tell,you what he also almost became a piper asking Paddy Keenan to teach him. (bleep) got bored & went on the sitar and the rest is history.

Re: Vpipes

Post by buskerSean »

I will say that without my V pipes I probably would not be progressing at all in learning pipes. With work, family etc it is hard to find times to practice in the week for me. The V pipes with headphones allow me to practice daily and keep my hand in. If you are in similar circumstances, I think you’ll never look back once you get a set.
PeterPiper
Tell us something.: Love playing pipes Uilleann and Highland . Also play jazz on saxophone . I have ben playing Oboe sax and clarinet for about lo years and pipes for about 10. I am not a great piper but love playing through celtic books and si reading is demanding and enjoyable to me. I live on the shores of the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia.

Post by PeterPiper »

Yes they are great fun and great private practice without disturbing anyone. I have also played them in the put through an amp with fiddles and piano . They sound great without any tuning issues and are always ready to play on cue. The only reason for selling them is I have two sets of Uillean Pipes and would like to invest in a set of Fred Morrison Reel pipes, thus the Vpipes are for sale. Will miss them but there is always another set around the corner.
PeterPiper

Post by PeterPiper »

Thank you all. They are sold to a house where the piper is expecting a young un and wishes to quietly practice. I know they will be loved.