FS Copley Delrin with silver rings and tuning slide

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
whistle1000

FS Copley Delrin with silver rings and tuning slide

Post by whistle1000 »

I posted this flute for sale over in the UIE
GinGin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have been a classical flute player for decades, and I’d like to add Irish flute. I also play lever harp and a bit of whistle. Looking for some guidance and possibly some used instruments. If I’m really lucky maybe I’ll find some people I can play with, too.

Re: FS Copley Delrin with silver rings and tuning slide

Post by GinGin »

I am a newbie, and I might be interested, but I can’t post in that forum yet because I’m new.

I’m looking for a Delrin keyless flute to get started...I’ve played Boehm flute for decades. If you are still selling it, and you’d consider a newbie, I guess our discussion about it will be here on this thread owing to my newbie status. :)

Ginnie
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

GinGin wrote:I am a newbie, and I might be interested, but I can’t post in that [UIE] forum yet because I’m new.
Much like an old-fashioned classifieds page, the UIE is only for the OP's topics and updates, not for responses from interested parties. Those will normally be deleted without notice. Please read the UIE's rules, for exceptions to this are as rare as hens' teeth.

Of course you may respond to topics and cross-posts in the regular forums as you have done here, and transactions may be initiated that way, so that takes care of that. If you wish to contact via PM, you first need to complete the requisite number of approved introductory posts (3) for full permissions.

As ever, please acquaint yourself with the CCCP. (← click) It's available to you at the top of every forum page, and contains pretty much everything you need to know about how things run around here.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
GinGin
Tell us something.: I have been a classical flute player for decades, and I’d like to add Irish flute. I also play lever harp and a bit of whistle. Looking for some guidance and possibly some used instruments. If I’m really lucky maybe I’ll find some people I can play with, too.

Post by GinGin »

Duly noted! Thank you. :)

I just wanted to post the reason I replied here so nobody felt the need to say, “Duh! Reply in the other forum, you dummy!” :wink:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Nah, we're a lot more relaxed than that. Besides, we have a policy against roughing up newbies, and you can find it in - wait for it - the CCCP. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
awildman

Post by awildman »

Does anybody read the CCCP? It is rather lengthy. It isnt as bad as other fine print, but it is still a bit cumbersome for many people.

I kind of equate this to the law. Not knowing the law is no excuse for violations. But who has time to learn every little rule and regulation they could potentially violate in society? Most of us just use politeness and what common sense we possess and hope it is enough.
GinGin

Post by GinGin »

I did! But I am one of those weirdos who reads the terms and conditions and the fine print documents that come with prescriptions. :lol:

But I will say I threw caution to the wind and bought a flute on EBay just now. It seemed like a good deal on an M&E keyed flute that ended today, so I made a snap decision. Hopefully it was a good one. :o :)
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

awildman wrote:Does anybody read the CCCP? It is rather lengthy. It isnt as bad as other fine print, but it is still a bit cumbersome for many people.

I kind of equate this to the law. Not knowing the law is no excuse for violations. But who has time to learn every little rule and regulation they could potentially violate in society? Most of us just use politeness and what common sense we possess and hope it is enough.
Yeah, I totally get that. Often I wonder if there's any way to pare it down substantially, but I'll go back to it for a look, and it's really hard to accomplish, because the fine points are actually important. You could always read it on the loo. :wink:

Your last sentence illustrates the spirit of the whole thing; the CCCP itself, though, is there for the technicalities when you're unsure. You don't have to know all of it ahead of time; just use it for reference when it might matter, is all. For example, is there a ruling on crowdfunding? Yes indeed, so you can use the CCCP in a focused manner, because it's indexed for your ease of reference. It is a record of Admin rulings based on real events, and by now we've covered pretty much everything, I should think; if it's not in the index, it probably won't matter. But some topics are of necessity more involved than others, and there's no helping that. Hell, I have to refer to the CCCP myself. There's no way I can remember all of it. The important thing is that it's there for us when we need it. :)
whistle1000

Post by whistle1000 »

I still have the flute.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

whistle1000 wrote:I still have the flute.
Your UIE listing probably rolled over into Sold & Old if not bumped every 2 weeks, so there is no current post in the UIE, if you're still hoping to sell it. You might want to re-post, or ask a moderator to revive move back.

Yup, here it is:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=109053

BTW, they're nice flutes. What type of embouchure did you get, modern square or traditional elliptical? Holes inline or offset?
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
GinGin

Post by GinGin »

Oh, man. Had that M&E not popped up on EBay, I’d still be interested. Good luck finding a new home for it.
whistle1000

Post by whistle1000 »

Thank for the info Kevin! It has an elliptical embouchure and in-line holes....this is a very nice flute!