Sindt whistles and Goldie Bass A

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
whistle1000

Sindt whistles and Goldie Bass A

Post by whistle1000 »

I posted these over in the UIE
whistle1000

Re: Sindt whistles and Goldie Bass A

Post by whistle1000 »

I realize it is not easy to offer something for something as, naturally, everyone wants to pay the least amount possible...it is only fair for me to put a value on this whistle. Based on what it is and what I paid for it, I figure it is worth $300 US. Thanks!.... Oops! I thought I had another thread for the Sindts...based on what they are and what I have seen the sell for, I figure $650 US for the A/Bb set is fair and the old style C should be worth 300 US. I am not trying to get rich here, I just really want a practice set...I’d rather do a trade tbh.
whistle1000

Post by whistle1000 »

So after having some chats with members and local players...one even saying that John’s waiting list is only 2 months...I have come to realize that I may be a little “greedy” in pricing the Sindts....greed is not really part of my personality tbh....I, after a few pints mind you, offered these at a lower price to a local player....he wants them badly but hasn’t the expendable cash atm....I even offered him a payment plan, still not in his current budget. ...I like him and he is a good guy :) after some soul searching, I’ve decided it only fair to offer them here at a lower price....I will now take $400USD for the A/Bb set and $200 for the old style C...a very fair price if you ask me....I have seen individual A and Bb Sindts sell for $800USD....If I even get a suspicion that one would buy these for resale for profit, I will not sell th that member....I’ve been around this site long enough to get a sense of the members.....message me if interested
ytliek
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Already have the Sindts, but, just wanted to say you adjusted $ quite fairly and that is a rarity these days. Too many rumors and greedy folks exist. Good luck with it all. :thumbsup:
whistle1000

Post by whistle1000 »

Thank you for your kind word ytliek :) All whistles have a new home now.
pancelticpiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

I was intrigued by the Goldie Bass A because I've never held or played one.

But I have an Alba Bass A that I love, so I'm glad the Goldie found a good home.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
whistle1000

Post by whistle1000 »

Hi Richard, the Bass A is near impossible to play....the stretch between A-G and E-D is just too much....always meant to add keys but after trying a friend’s keyed Susato, Decided against it....you may be amused by who bought it... through a middle man mind you. All the besht!