Tutor For The Feadóg Stáin

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
nohoval_turrets
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Tutor For The Feadóg Stáin

Post by nohoval_turrets »

Long out of print, and surpassed by much better tutors available today, but I thought this oldie from Comhaltas in 1971 might be of interest to some.

I've scanned the book into a PDF, and recorded each side of the cassette to mp3.

You can download it all here.
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Tutor For The Feadóg Stáin

Post by kenny »

" surpassed by much better tutors available today, ... " Now which ones would those be ?
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

Thanks for the effort!
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Thanks Mr Turrets! :)
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Yes, thank you for posting!
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

Grabbed copies, thanks. :)
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
Unai
Tell us something.: Hi, I'm Unai, I play irish flute and traditional basque instruments (txistu & alboka). I follow this site for years and I'd like to have an acount now, so I can participate in discussions. Thanks!

Post by Unai »

Thanks!
david_h
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by david_h »

Thanks very much, that's great.

I started with it. I had never heard the cassette, though the friend who gave me a photocopy demonstrated the rolls etc.
whit36
Tell us something.: I have been playing Irish Traditional Music for about 30 years. I play whistles and simple system wooden flutes. My favorites are my Copeland D and my O’Riordan C/D Set. I play Ralph Sweet (RIP) flutes and have his rosewoods in D and F. I recently had Dave Copley make me a Blackwood in D which is rewarding me as I become a stronger flute player. I also purchased an Mezzo A whistle in brass from Ronaldo Reyburn and hope to continue working toward a low D. I play in a weekly session at a pub in a nearby town. I have visited your forum frequently as a guest. I enjoy the comments from your members for both my instruments. I am also always on the lookout for good used ones. Thanks for considering my application.

Post by whit36 »

Thank you for sharing. Very clear explanation and demonstration of the rolls for reels.
nohoval_turrets

Post by nohoval_turrets »

david_h wrote:I had never heard the cassette, though the friend who gave me a photocopy demonstrated the rolls etc.
Much like myself. I had the book years ago but only came across the cassette about 20 years later - total random find in a record shop in Dublin.
defi
Tell us something.: I just started learning to play the tin whistle and stumbled across this forum. Thought I'd create an account in case I wanted to post and ask questions/participate in discussions.

Post by defi »

I'm admittedly quite new to the tin whistle but based on some of the replies, this seems to be an interesting bit of history, at the very least. Thanks for sharing!