WTB: Full or 3/4 flat set

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
truckley_howler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play the uilleann pipes and would like to converse with other pipers. I'd also like to keep an eye out for "for sale" ads for used pipes.

WTB: Full or 3/4 flat set

Post by truckley_howler »

I’m looking to purchase a high-quality used flat set (preferably a full set). Right now I’m leaning towards something in C, but I’d be open to different pitches depending on the set. The dream would be a Kennedy set, but I’m also open to other makers in the same classic narrow-bore vein.

If you or someone you know has a nice set collecting dust, please PM :)
truckley_howler
Tell us something.: I play the uilleann pipes and would like to converse with other pipers. I'd also like to keep an eye out for "for sale" ads for used pipes.

Re: WTB: Full or 3/4 flat set

Post by truckley_howler »

My one and only bump (promise!)
RenaissanceGuy
Tell us something.: I am interested in various forms of traditional and folk music. I've been interested in Uilleann pipes for many years. And now I'm finally learning them!

Post by RenaissanceGuy »

You might try keeping an eye on the classified listings over at Uilleann Obsession: http://www.uilleannobsession.com/classifieds.html
Podge

Post by Podge »

PM sent.
fsu77gt
Tell us something.: Have a full set of uilleann pipes (B Childress 2014) and a half set (Wenham 2020). Also Sinclair GHB, Evans G set NSP, Burleigh F set NSP, practice set uilleanns (Sky 2013) and SSP.

Post by fsu77gt »

I have a wonderful 3/4 set in C that I love but I don't have the physicality to play them. I am not authorized to send private messages for some reason but you can email me at fsu77gt@sprynet.com if you are interested and want more details, etc.
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

fsu77gt wrote:I have a wonderful 3/4 set in C that I love but I don't have the physicality to play them. I am not authorized to send private messages for some reason but you can email me at fsu77gt@sprynet.com if you are interested and want more details, etc.
You have to have at least 3 comments published on the forum before you can send or receive private messages. It's something to prevent spambots from invading the forum.
PJ
Podge

Post by Podge »

I've posted photos and a sound clip here - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=109064