Whistle Reviews?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Michael w6
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have played bagpipes for several years. Open heart surgery in 2014 took me out for several months and I have not yet returned. I have begun to pursue the penny whistle instead. I'm looking for advice and friends in this new instrument.

Whistle Reviews?

Post by Michael w6 »

Any members familiar with Anak whistles?
Tyler DelGregg
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Whistles are fun, whistles are charming, whistles sound nice, whistles are affordable, whistles make us smile, whistles make dogs bark, and whistles upset some neighbors.

Re: Whistle Reviews?

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

They are very nice whistles made in Korea. The hardwood head is beautifully made and the aluminum tone body shows excellent workmanship. Tuning is done with several O rings fitted into slots, and the whistles come with lots of free spare O rings and grease. There is also the option of using teflon tape if that is your preference. They have a medium volume with a clear, sweet tone, no chiff. Air requirement is on the light/medium side and they are also very responsive. Octave change is very smooth. Anak has a lot of Facebook and YouTube posts. Delivery runs about 3 weeks from my experience.