It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 
 Post subject: BURKE MARK
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:10 pm
Posts: 103
I noticed when I was cleaning and greasing my Burke D Brass whistle that under the mouthpiece it had this dark mark on the tube under the mouthpiece. What is this? Just rubbing where I have adjusted the intonation by moving the tuning slide? See picture below.


https://photos.app.goo.gl/hQWfgR8goUH2ZuGi6


Last edited by Matthewlawson3 on Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
 Post subject: Re: BURKE MARK
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:06 pm
Posts: 332
The photobucket logo appears right over the whistle on both pictures when I opened them. Try taking a picture with the whistle in a different position. (Others may not have this problem. I am a photobucket idiot.)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
 Post subject: Re: BURKE MARK
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:52 pm 
Offline
Moderatorer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:00 pm
Posts: 34511
Location: Minneapolis
busterbill wrote:
The photobucket logo appears right over the whistle on both pictures when I opened them. Try taking a picture with the whistle in a different position. (Others may not have this problem. I am a photobucket idiot.)

I'm getting the same visual obstruction.

_________________
"Time is the wisest counselor of all." - Pericles

"I remain not entirely convinced of it." - Nano


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
 Post subject: Re: BURKE MARK
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:10 pm
Posts: 103
Nanohedron wrote:
busterbill wrote:
The photobucket logo appears right over the whistle on both pictures when I opened them. Try taking a picture with the whistle in a different position. (Others may not have this problem. I am a photobucket idiot.)

I'm getting the same visual obstruction.


Okay. I'm not getting that. I'll try something new.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
 Post subject: Re: BURKE MARK
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:40 am
Posts: 622
Yes you seem to have worn a photobucket logo into the whistle


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
 Post subject: Re: BURKE MARK
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:10 pm
Posts: 103
PB+J wrote:
Yes you seem to have worn a photobucket logo into the whistle


Okay guys try the new link in the original post. That hopefully should work.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
 Post subject: Re: BURKE MARK
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:06 pm
Posts: 332
Could it be residue from the O ring. I assume Burkes are still made with an O ring inside. I'd just email Michael Burke. It is interesting. My Burke is older and I believe the design changed a bit. But it is also off in another state with my son or I'd take mine apart and see if it looks the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
 Post subject: Re: BURKE MARK
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:10 pm
Posts: 103
busterbill wrote:
Could it be residue from the O ring. I assume Burkes are still made with an O ring inside. I'd just email Michael Burke. It is interesting. My Burke is older and I believe the design changed a bit. But it is also off in another state with my son or I'd take mine apart and see if it looks the same.


That's a good point. Yes they still have O rings. I might email Michael Burke and find out.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
 Post subject: Re: BURKE MARK
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:10 pm
Posts: 103
busterbill wrote:
Could it be residue from the O ring. I assume Burkes are still made with an O ring inside. I'd just email Michael Burke. It is interesting. My Burke is older and I believe the design changed a bit. But it is also off in another state with my son or I'd take mine apart and see if it looks the same.


Here is Michael Burke's response regarding the mark.

"Hi Matthew,
I do not know what that black stuff is. It is not going to affect playability and it is not visible, but if you want to get rid of it, you could clean all the greae off and then wipe it with a rag or swab soaked in acetone. Alcohol might also work. Dry it off afterward and relubricate.
By the way- vaseline is ok in a pinch but it can build up  and need to be cleaned off, so I recommend a synthetic food grade grease called Super Lube.

You can get a 3 oz tube at Amazon and it will last a lifetime.
Here is a picture of it.
All the best
Mike

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-21030 ... 169&sr=8-3
"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.118s | 12 Queries | GZIP : On ]
(dh)