Synthetic uilleann bags: Rogge vs Vinyl

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Eric F.
antispam: No

Synthetic uilleann bags: Rogge vs Vinyl

Post by Eric F. »

Is there anyone who tried both the Rogge synthetic bag (I am not sure what material Andreas use) and Vinyl bag. What is the difference? Which you prefered and why? I want to try one of them for my extra Practice set. Thank you.
P.s. if you want to recommend leather, just ignore this post. Thanks
tanash369
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: Synthetic uilleann bags: Rogge vs Vinyl

Post by tanash369 »

Hopefully someone more experienced will give you better answers, but here's my 2 cents.
I owned this Rogge bag 10 years ago. It is smaller size, thin and lightweight material but tight when full. I don't think it is goretex??? but some sort of nylon from Ross :-? Mybe somebody can enlighten me here, if I am wrong. I saw that Ross bags nowdays have additional fuzzy layer, probably to add thickness and weight and some leather feel. I sadly forgot details how it feels when you play, but generaly it was good experience. You would want bag cover, since the material is a bit slippery.
The vinyl on the other hand is more stretchable material. I have some at home, but never made the bag. Some pipers like it, since it helps when you play hard pressure concert sets. Will have to try.