Sax flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Jon C.
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Sax flute

Post by Jon C. »

I am working on a flute made by Sax, he is the inventor of the Saxophone, Antoine-Joseph "Adolphe" Sax. You don't see these everyday...

"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
busterbill

Re: Sax flute

Post by busterbill »

Ha! You got my expectations up. I was expecting to see a flute saxophone hybrid. Not that the Sax flute is not interesting in and of itself. :D Keep us posted.
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

busterbill wrote:Ha! You got my expectations up. I was expecting to see a flute saxophone hybrid. Not that the Sax flute is not interesting in and of itself. :D Keep us posted.
Yes, fooled you! :tomato:
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
birdman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by birdman »

Does it have a particularly 'reedy' tone? Ha.
patience, young grasshopper