Goldie low d

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
The apostol
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have started whistling 2 months ago. Now Im searching for more information about whistles and find out that this should be the place to look for it

Goldie low d

Post by The apostol »

Hi,

do Goldie make non-tunable low d´s, or did he before? Cant seem to find from his page..

I´ve been practising with Chieftain v5, but now thinking about upgrading.. Chieftain seems to clogg quite a bit, also the finger holes are huge..

Cheers!
bogman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Goldie low d

Post by bogman »

Colin used to make non-tunable, but why would you not want a tunable?
Ketil

Post by Ketil »

He doesn't make non tunable any more he told me.
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

Just a thought -- I never played a Goldie but I have read that some people do have clogging issues with Goldies, especially with the "hard blowing" ones with a narrower windway. I never had clogging issues with the V5 or my Chieftain Thunderbird so far. So a Goldie might not be the solution to your clogging issues. That being said -- many players swear by them and they are very high up on my wish-list. But I will drive there to try a few first (Colin Goldie lives just a 4 hr drive away) - especially to find out if the hard-blowing or soft-blowing version will better suit my personal preferences.
bogman

Post by bogman »

Clogging is a user issue not a whistle issue, except maybe in extreme cases.
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

True, and somebody who has problems with a V5 clogging, which never, ever clogs when I play it, might also have problems with a Goldie.
Edit: so best solution might be - learn to play the V5 without clogging - then get a Goldie. It's not like I wanna discourage people from spending money for great whistles ;).
bogman

Post by bogman »

Yes, I agree Sedi, best next move is addressing the clogging. - making sure the windway and blade are regularly cleaned and practising playing with a drier mouth in particular. Few would argue the Goldie is a better all round whistle but it'll likely be more prone to operator error!
AKA
Tell us something.: Whistel's: 3xKillarney, Tilbury, 4x Freeman, Susato, 5xColin Goldie, Burke, Generation, Walton, .....

Post by AKA »

Sedi wrote:Just a thought -- I never played a Goldie but I have read that some people do have clogging issues with Goldies, especially with the "hard blowing" ones with a narrower windway. I never had clogging issues with the V5 or my Chieftain Thunderbird so far. So a Goldie might not be the solution to your clogging issues. That being said -- many players swear by them and they are very high up on my wish-list. But I will drive there to try a few first (Colin Goldie lives just a 4 hr drive away) - especially to find out if the hard-blowing or soft-blowing version will better suit my personal preferences.
Hello Sedi

If you come from the corner of Stuttgart I can offer you a Goldie test, I have a Soprano D, Mezzo A, Alto F and a low D all medium blow