Alba Whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Frizzygirl
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am learning how to play Irish Whistles. I have 3 high D's and 1 Low D made in the U.S.A by theirishwhistle which is polycarbonate.

Alba Whistles

Post by Frizzygirl »

Has anyone played an Alba whistle? They're made in Scotland. Are they any good? I can buy a good used one in low E (tunable). Any thoughts would be appreciated :thumbsup:
gariwerd

Re: Alba Whistles

Post by gariwerd »

I got a low B made by Stacey and very pleased with it. She makes a good whistle for a reasonable price. Much along the lines of MK whistles.
jiminos
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by jiminos »

I have a low D. Plays well. I like the tone. Works for me. YMMV.
Jim

the truth is not lost.
do not search for it.
accept it.
Frizzygirl
Tell us something.: I am learning how to play Irish Whistles. I have 3 high D's and 1 Low D made in the U.S.A by theirishwhistle which is polycarbonate.

Post by Frizzygirl »

Thanks peeps, I think I'll go for it!! :party:
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

I would be very interested to hear how your Low E plays!

I bought Albas in Bass A, Low C, and Low E and IMHO the Bass A is the best of the group.

It's a superb whistle! The voicing is exactly how I like it.

Here it is (sorry for the background noise, I'll re-do this video when I get a chance)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJm6BQ-Qxcg&t=13s
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
Frizzygirl

Post by Frizzygirl »

Thanks everyone. I have won the bid so now I'm checking the mail all the time, super excited, can't wait to get it! :party: :shock: :D
Frizzygirl

Re: Alba Whistles just received my low E

Post by Frizzygirl »

I just received my Alba E in the mail. I really love the tone. It takes more breath in the upper octave but it is easier to play that my low D. I love the quality too, and for 2nd hand it is in really great condition. A very happy learner whistler here :thumbsup: