Survey in Irish Traditional Music in North America

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
rootseire
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Looking for information on Festy Conlon. I often visit this forum and would like to find out more by interacting with others in the community.

Survey in Irish Traditional Music in North America

Post by rootseire »

Dear all,

Hope this is the correct forum section for this post, and that there hasn't been any cross-posting for C&F members.

I'd be very grateful if any of you here on Chiff & Fipple (specifically those who live in North America/Canada and play Irish traditional music in your repertoire) would take a few minutes for this research survey that I'm conducting at the Library of Congress since January this year (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NHLLFDN).

The survey is part of a larger project where I am researching the audio collections at the American Folklife Center. Some of the datasets that we have developed already contains a lot of Irish traditional music tracks from old recordings and festivals which I am sure would be of interest to people on here, and I aim to post about it on this thread once my project is finished.

The research is looking at how performers use audio files on the internet. More about this project can be found here: https://blogs.loc.gov/thesignal/2019/04 ... ic-at-afc/

Thank you for your feedback in advance.

All the best,
Patrick Egan
MadmanWithaWhistle
Tell us something.: Instrument maker and researcher exploring new methods of creating traditional instruments with longevity aforethought. Player of the whistle, flute, and continental European border pipes.

Re: Survey in Irish Traditional Music in North America

Post by MadmanWithaWhistle »

Just submitted. Some very thoughtful questions in there. Please keep us updated on the results and resulting work!
rootseire
Tell us something.: Looking for information on Festy Conlon. I often visit this forum and would like to find out more by interacting with others in the community.

Post by rootseire »

Thanks for the response and your feedback, it's going well. It should be a few months before I close the survey, and hope to get a wide sample of responses. I'm planning to let all know once the project wraps up and the results are ready.
rootseire

Post by rootseire »

Great responses from Chiff & Fipple so far, thank you all. We are now up to 400 responses across North America. If anyone hasn't yet filled in the survey, here is another chance to do so: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/J7FSNXV