FS: Tom White Practice Set (850GBP)

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Lysander
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am interested to broaden my horizons regarding Uilleann Pipes as well as to just exchange some tunes. But more broadly, I am just making an effort to just integrate myself more into the digital infrastructure that has become that of our scence!

FS: Tom White Practice Set (850GBP)

Post by Lysander »

For Sale: A lovely (by now vintage I suppose, but as new) Tom White Uilleann Practice Set, with interesting provenance.

Fully airtight original bellows and a new sheepskin bag tied in by Masaki Kato, as well as new reed wonderfully-sounding reed made for the chanter.
A wonderful and sweet-sounding chanter and just a great feel overall. (Can also alternatively provide a Garvie bellows if you trust a newer bellows more.)

For those who - like me - love the extra bit of trivia about a set: It was gifted to a famous German surrealist (or more so fantastic realism) painter, who also worked it and his GHB set into various paintings; and after his death left this set to me.

As I feel it would be his wish that it finally gets played properly, this is up for sale as border pipes need financing - but I am in no particular rush to get rid of it. 950€/850GBP ono.
Can provide detailed pictures on request and can also post throughout Europe and the Americas.

You can send me a message here or an email at lysardeal (at) googlemail.com

Now put a picture in and will put more in soon.
Last edited by Lysander on Fri May 10, 2019 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Gumby

Re: FS: Tom White Practice Set (850GBP)

Post by Mr.Gumby »

a famous German surrealist (or more so fantastic realism) painter, who also worked it and his GHB set into various paintings
Any examples? Just for curiosity's sake.
My brain hurts

Lysander
Tell us something.: I am interested to broaden my horizons regarding Uilleann Pipes as well as to just exchange some tunes. But more broadly, I am just making an effort to just integrate myself more into the digital infrastructure that has become that of our scence!

Post by Lysander »

Not sure whether my last attempt to post this worked, so here again - an example that includes the GHB chanter. Unfortunately, I don´t have any of the other ones handy as I never scanned the pictures I have of them!

All the best,
Lenni
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Great, thanks. :thumbsup:

Had a good look around at the museum on the back of that. That was interesting.
My brain hurts

an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

Ach du Schreck! :thumbsup:

:D Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi