Keyless c# trill for g tune?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
keithsandra
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Keyless c# trill for g tune?

Post by keithsandra »

Why didn't I see that! I've just spent 20 minutes trying to get an acceptable sound, but have been
playing the trill too long. Now you've brought the shortness to my attention the sound is going to be more acceptable, especially with the two quick grace notes. Quite elegant in fact .. Many thanks again Jem...

By the way, the 0XX XXX configuration enables me to use either of the RXXX tone holes to get what promises to be quite a strong, sweet trill much more easily than with some of the other suggestions. Still, there's lots more exploration to be done yet. I detect good possibilities. Very encouraging.

Best wishes,

Keith.
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

jemtheflute wrote:
keithsandra wrote:.... in the meantime Benhall and Jem's advice to play the b and use the second finger of the left hand to trill, certainly produces what might be an acceptable answer...
Um, Ben wrote that, I didn’t. It only gives an A-B trill.
I actually got my suggestion wrong. I meant to say to use the second finger for the Cnat and put the next finger down for the D. It was right in my head, honest. My excuse was I was in Dubai at the time.
jemtheflute
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by jemtheflute »

benhall.1 wrote:I actually got my suggestion wrong. I meant to say to use the second finger for the Cnat and put the next finger down for the D. It was right in my head, honest. My excuse was I was in Dubai at the time.
:thumbsup:
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads