FS:Coyote Oldman Prayer Rock "A" Flute (Anasazi/Basketmaker)

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
Hi4head
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Just recently I’ve begun playing a transverse flute. I’m wanting to learn more about simple system flutes and playing.

FS:Coyote Oldman Prayer Rock "A" Flute (Anasazi/Basketmaker)

Post by Hi4head »

I posted a For Sale listing over on the Exchange for one of my Coyote Oldman rim blown flutes.
Here's the link to that listing.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=108254

Feel free to message me with any questions.
Chris
Hi4head
Tell us something.: Just recently I’ve begun playing a transverse flute. I’m wanting to learn more about simple system flutes and playing.

Re: FS:Coyote Oldman Prayer Rock "A" Flute SOLD

Post by Hi4head »

Sold.
michaelpthompson
Tell us something.: I have played whistles and flutes for many years, but I am looking to get more serious with it. I mostly play Irish traditional music, but I want to expand into native american as well.

Re: FS:Coyote Oldman Prayer Rock "A" Flute SOLD

Post by michaelpthompson »

Hi4head wrote:Sold.
And joyfully acquired. It arrived today, in absolutely pristine condition, thanks to your more than excellent packing. This is an amazingly beautiful flute, in appearance, workmanship, and of course, sound. The embouchure is a bit different from my Geoffrey Ellis, so I'm still getting used to playing it, but when I hit a note just right, it sends chills up my spine. I told Chris I was looking forward to getting to know the spirit of this flute, and boy, was I right! It's an honor just to possess an instrument made by the legendary Coyote Oldman, but with craftsmanship such as this, it's definitely not just a trophy or artwork for the wall. It wants to be played, and I want to play it.

Thanks again Chris, for making all this possible.
Cheers!

Michael
Living the Rainbow Life!
Hi4head

Re: FS:Coyote Oldman Prayer Rock "A" Flute (Anasazi/Basketma

Post by Hi4head »

I’m delighted that it arrived safely and is in a new loving home. Yes- this flute wants to be played; that’s my real reason for parting with it. I guess that I’ve developed a special bond with the flutes created by my own hands; they are the ones that I found myself always picking up to play. And the Coyote Oldman Prayer Rock is to incredible to have simply sitting in a stand.
Enjoy!!
Chris