Anyone have an Eb flute for sale?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
EST65
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: New to Irish flute, want to find out as much as possible, looks like a great forum.Interested in learning/buying an Eb flute for trad and any tips or recommendations.

Anyone have an Eb flute for sale?

Post by EST65 »

I'm fairly new to playing Irish trad & have a D flute by a reasonably well known maker but recently tried an Eb in a local session and really liked it (unfortunately I don't remember who made it). It seemed easier to fill somehow and sort of 'brighter'. I wondered if anyone here had an Eb that they would be interested in selling? Ideally just a keyless, wooden or delrin, I'm in the UK with a budget of £300-400. I know there are a few makers out there selling them but just thought |I would ask here first! Thanks in advance.
jim stone

Re: Anyone have an Eb flute for sale?

Post by jim stone »

Dave Copley has a delrin Eb for 360 dollars.
Not played one but do play his D delrin, which is
generally well thought of. http://www.copleyflutes.com/catalog.html
EST65
Tell us something.: New to Irish flute, want to find out as much as possible, looks like a great forum.Interested in learning/buying an Eb flute for trad and any tips or recommendations.

Post by EST65 »

Thanks Jim, I did already look at the Copley delrin. I believe there is a wait of a few months plus import tax from the USA to the UK to consider (roughly 1/3 of sale price) hence my decision to enquire here first in the off chance somebody more local may have one they would consider selling, you never know :)
radcliff
Tell us something.: in two words, Rudall & Rose. but since a minimum of 100 characters is required, I should list a number of makers I found extremely interesting… I don't even know how much are 100 characters...

Post by radcliff »

Hi,
the Copley one is BODY only; a Eb flute will cost $910.

Still:
M&E Eb in derlin is 358€
maybe www.thompsonflutes.com from this board could be helpful (you have to ask)
Francesco - Rome, Italy
TransverseWoodenFlutes.com
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

radcliff wrote:Hi,
the Copley one is BODY only; a Eb flute will cost $910.
The $910 Copley is blackwood with rings and a tuning slide. The minimalist delrin Eb (no rings or slide) is $360. But still would have some hefty import costs to the UK.

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

'In D or Eb, 3 piece without rings $360' from DC's website--delrin.
Damian Thompson
Tell us something.: I am a flute maker and have been following the forum on and off for a very long time! I also enjoy playing the flute & whistle at local sessions in the West of Ireland.

Post by Damian Thompson »

radcliff wrote:

Still:
M&E Eb in derlin is 358€
maybe http://www.thompsonflutes.com from this board could be helpful (you have to ask)
Thanks for the mention radcliff, I do now have an Eb model available, either as a simple two piece in delrin or as a standard flute (in wood or delrin). I'm also offering the 'two piece' as a combo with one headjoint supplied with a D & Eb body. I will have some pictures and prices up on the website on the next couple of weeks. The two piece delrin Eb on its own (without silver rings) will be the same price as the D.£185 plus shipping.
Hack with a Flute
Tell us something.: Hi, it's me- the hack with a flute! I visit sessions all over the US and even play a few tunes while I'm there! Probably best to bring ear plugs if you know I'll be at your session!

Post by Hack with a Flute »

I had the chance to try one of the Geoffrey Ellis essential flutes in Eb at Blayne Chastain’s. Outside of an Olwell Eb which has earned the nickname “God’s Flute,” it was the best sounding and responding Eb I’ve played.

He currently has them in stock on his website for $399 US. They are made from sustainable woods and resin infused for strength. No CITES issues.

https://www.ellisflutes.com/products/
Charles Henderson
The Hack with a Flute

Student: "Teacher, what's the best sounding flute in the world?"
Teacher: "The one you practice for two hours a day."
Huhupat
Tell us something.: i've been making flutes for over twenty years, playing with friends and neighbors who help me tune my instruments and encourage me to share my art with the world. I carve bamboo flutes using concentrated sunlight and 3D-print whistle mouthpieces down to 42" contrabasses, as well as one-handed double tabor pipes.

Post by Huhupat »

I have some Eb bamboo basses around 40 inches-- probably too quiet to compete in a session and too long to play unless you're about 6 feet tall.
Damian Thompson
Tell us something.: I am a flute maker and have been following the forum on and off for a very long time! I also enjoy playing the flute & whistle at local sessions in the West of Ireland.

Post by Damian Thompson »

I have some pictures (& more details/prices) of my Eb models up on the website now. I'm also offering a D/Eb combo (one headjoint, two body sections D/Eb) in delrin.

https://www.thompsonflutes.com/
https://www.facebook.com/thompsonflutes/
Domk
Tell us something.: Flute player from east Mayo, love the history of the instrument, and interested in the forum. Also have a flute for sale

Post by Domk »

Hi, I have an eb, keyless Gilles leHart flute, played in but in mint condition, looking for a quick sale, €750 ono. It’s a beast, great tone and very hardy.
john

Post by john »

Damian Thompson has started offering delrin budget model Eb flutes.

Edit: sorry, just realised Damian's already posted.
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

Hack with a Flute wrote:Outside of an Olwell Eb which has earned the nickname “God’s Flute,” ....
:shock:

I guess you'd have to see the Olwell documentary to know which one that was, huh?

:thumbsup: :D
Huhupat
Tell us something.: i've been making flutes for over twenty years, playing with friends and neighbors who help me tune my instruments and encourage me to share my art with the world. I carve bamboo flutes using concentrated sunlight and 3D-print whistle mouthpieces down to 42" contrabasses, as well as one-handed double tabor pipes.

Post by Huhupat »

i think I have an Eb tenor in bamboo around 20”.