Timothy Potter whistles?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
MichaelRS
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm interested in the tin whistle as a hobby. I'm here mainly to get information on the playing qualities of various types of whistles.

Timothy Potter whistles?

Post by MichaelRS »

So, those of you that have experience with them pretty much like the whistles by Timothy Potter?
What makes them good whistles as far as you're concerned?
Steve Bliven

Re: Timothy Potter whistles?

Post by Steve Bliven »

A search will find you a number of postings on the topic....

Best wishes

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
MichaelRS
Tell us something.: I'm interested in the tin whistle as a hobby. I'm here mainly to get information on the playing qualities of various types of whistles.

Post by MichaelRS »

Steve Bliven wrote:A search will find you a number of postings on the topic....

Best wishes

Steve
Oh, I know, that's how I found out about them in the first place was comments here and there throughout the threads. I was just trying to coalesce them.
JackJ
Tell us something.: A new tin whistle player, I'm eager to learn more from the collective wisdom of this group. While my playing could use lots of help, I'm especially eager to learn which recordings to listen to.

Post by JackJ »

I love mine. Very nice tone, consistent across the octaves, and not demanding in terms of breath control.

It’s relatively quiet, which is a good thing for most of my playing. The 0XX000 crossfingered C nat is a bit off, for me, but I can live with it. The rectangular mouthpiece felt a bit weird on the lips at first, but was never a problem, and now I don’t notice it anymore.

I'd rank it among my top 3 or 4 high D whistles, along with the Carbony, Freeman Blackbird, and a Dixon. I’m hoping Mr. Potter will come out with some lower pitched models. I’d buy them immediately.
MichaelRS

Post by MichaelRS »

Well, so much for consolidation.
I guess I'll find out soon enough. My own Potter is supposed to be here tomorrow.
Thanks to the one person that answered up to this point.