Soprano C whistles, Chuck Tilbury Whistles, Comparison

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
AngelicBeaver
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistles since 2010. I love how varied whistles are in their design, construction, tone, and handling. Though I've largely settled on what I enjoy playing, I'm still a sucker for an interesting new design.

Soprano C whistles, Chuck Tilbury Whistles, Comparison

Post by AngelicBeaver »

I played nearly all of my soprano C whistles, and the Chuck Tilbury whistles. They're two years old, but Chuck says the new ones play about the same, maybe slightly improved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCpSqPFTGgI
Nathaniel James Dowell
Tyler DelGregg
Tell us something.: Whistles are fun, whistles are charming, whistles sound nice, whistles are affordable, whistles make us smile, whistles make dogs bark, and whistles upset some neighbors.

Re: Soprano C whistles, Chuck Tilbury Whistles, Comparison

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

Thanks again, for another informative and enjoyable post. You had that Oak C singing nicely, something I never could do as well. I must say, the Generation Bb does stand the test of time; it's a real classic.
PS: You're a good dad. :)
AngelicBeaver
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistles since 2010. I love how varied whistles are in their design, construction, tone, and handling. Though I've largely settled on what I enjoy playing, I'm still a sucker for an interesting new design.

Re: Soprano C whistles, Chuck Tilbury Whistles, Comparison

Post by AngelicBeaver »

Thanks!

The Generation Bb is one of the whistles I always recommend to anyone starting out in whistling. For $15, you get a lovely, mellow whistle that will aid you in surviving your initial learning phase, if you have family or room mates. You can't get away from the Soprano D if you want to be able to play along with tutorials, or at a session, but for budget solo practice, the Generation Bb is tough to beat.

I also think the Oak (at least mine) is a nice little whistle. It's one of the few whistles I found locally, and I felt compelled to buy it out of curiosity.
Nathaniel James Dowell